Running boards | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Running boards

Do they have a metal finish? If so, I don't know how they would stand up to ice, freezing rain and snow around here. Haven't seen that brand before.

Peter
Yes it does have metal finish. hmm yeah not sure how it would spare with ice and salt and all that..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Steelcraft running boards arrived today. They are now on.
Great looking, thanks for posting.
Have you had the vehicle on a lift for a tire rotation at the dealership since installing the running boards? I suspect the mounting brackets are very close to the jack points. I'm wondering what the dealership does with aftermarket accessories that might interfere with their lift equipment.

Great looking, thanks for posting.
Have you had the vehicle on a lift for a tire rotation at the dealership since installing the running boards? I suspect the mounting brackets are very close to the jack points. I'm wondering what the dealership does with aftermarket accessories that might interfere with their lift equipment.
FYI, the member was last seen here on October 14, 2021. Hopefully he is still around.

Peter

FYI, the member was last seen here on October 14, 2021. Hopefully he is still around.

Peter
Just stopped by and officially "sign off". After putting less than 3,000 miles on the Explorer in 1 year, I broomed it. Ordered a probably final year Camaro ZL1 convertible to take its place in the garage. Thought my wife was going to use it and she still hops in the F150 Platinum 4X4 Powerboost to run errands. As do I. The Explorer was a bad decision and I wasn't about to live with it.

Just stopped by and officially "sign off". After putting less than 3,000 miles on the Explorer in 1 year, I broomed it. Ordered a probably final year Camaro ZL1 convertible to take its place in the garage. Thought my wife was going to use it and she still hops in the F150 Platinum 4X4 Powerboost to run errands. As do I. The Explorer was a bad decision and I wasn't about to live with it.
Thanks for the reply, that's very considerate of you.

It will be ackward stepping up on it then only another inch or 2 to get inside. Nothing like a full size truck. It's not like a full double step to get in.
Welcome to the Forum.
Your post is very similar to post #3. Many of those that install them seem to do so for the people that are shorter or have some limited mobility.

Peter

What do you guys thing about installing running boards on ST? I asked the dealership guy who sold me my ST and he said not to do it because Explorers are not that high and clearance is not enough for running board and it'll hit the road when going over a bump.
Has anyone of you installed running boards on your 2020 explorer?
I have a 2010 Explorer Sport Trac (Adrenalin package) with factory running boards and no lift kit to make it any higher. If you have shop near you that does custom lights, rims, and other similar after market products - take your truck to them and see what they have to say

I have a 2010 Explorer Sport Trac (Adrenalin package) with factory running boards and no lift kit to make it any higher. If you have shop near you that does custom lights, rims, and other similar after market products - take your truck to them and see what they have to say

IMG_20220820_083540905_HDR.jpg

What do you guys thing about installing running boards on ST? I asked the dealership guy who sold me my ST and he said not to do it because Explorers are not that high and clearance is not enough for running board and it'll hit the road when going over a bump.
I had the following running boards installed In January 2022on my wife's 2021 Explorer Limited with Star White finish. They look like they are factory addition. I bought them from Amazon.

Snailfly Running Boards Fit for 2020-2023 Ford Explorer Base ST XLT Limited Platinum ST-Line Timberline Side Steps w/ Mud Flaps​

^^ Was not able to find those that you mentioned.

Thanks Dale. No idea why that didn't come up when I searched.

Peter

Maybe Amazon is different north of the border?

Back