• Register Today It's free!

Running Wire

jshak07

Reaction score
City, State
ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
I need to run four runs of 1/0 cable from front to back, is the best way for this under the truck in conduit? I got my seats out and ran it back but my carpet sits weird now and the seats wont go all the way down

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah i'd run em under the car. but they dont need to be in conduit, unless you offroad a lot or something. i have 2 runs and plan on more, and they'll all fit in a lil hole i cut where my jack used to go. then i run em to the batts from there.

if ur just running a single run of 1/0 then id go thru the firewall and thru the car..it should be easy if you run it in the right spot.

with 4 runs or more id go under the truck

i had 10 runs from the front to back in mine and went underneath and came up just behind the back seat. I used some sump hose as conduit which looked like giant wire loom and worked well. That worked fine no problems with rubbing or anything and that was running 10 runs of unfused wire in a daily driver too so it had to be done right to avoid catastrophic failure

how do yall ground out the rear batt bank? I have always ran a run up to the front battery but I have the whine comin thru my sub and a local shop told me to ground out my rear batt to the frame instead of a run and it should fix my problem.

give it a try. i believe you'll see better results if you ground to the front, which doesnt really help if that's the cause of your whining :p. i did see someone that grounded in the back, and also grounded at the front batt as well

how do yall ground out the rear batt bank? I have always ran a run up to the front battery but I have the whine comin thru my sub and a local shop told me to ground out my rear batt to the frame instead of a run and it should fix my problem.

you can never have too many grounds. If you're already grounded to the negative terminal upfront then you're not going to get a better ground than that.

Id upgrade the ground on your headunit

I have a ground run as well as a power run to the front batt which is how I have always done it. I am going to do the Big 3 and see if that helps and if not I will ground my headunit better and that ground out my RCA's, as I do have a excelon and they are famous for bad pre-outs

I think I am just going to keep 2 runs, 1 power and 1 ground and I am going to ground out my front batt with some 1/0 as well as Big 3. Any tips on doin the Big 3 in this truck?

Not to be an a$$ but if your a 2009 MECA world champ these are all basic audio questions that i would think you whould know. Unless you didnt build your own vehicle.

Ya I did build my own but I have new equipment and just picked up this truck. I knew my Ranger like the back of my hand but I am not familiar with the explorer at all. I didnt know if there was a certain spot that would fit wire under the carpet or not. I have a new deck that is famous for bad preouts but excuse me for gettin opinions on where this whine may be comin from. I know how to do the Big 3 but again, didnt know if there were tricks/tips to doing it in the explorer which is why I asked people who have already done it.

I'm running 3/0 runs front and back for both positive and negative.... I'm not having problems with whine noise...

I would run your wire under the truck.

I think once I get the Big 3 done it might help and if that desnt than I know I have a pre-out problem with my HU

i have a BAD alternator whine, but only when my amps are strapped, and when the load is put on them. otherwise it's not there. i think it may be my alternator tho

Not to be an a$$ but if your a 2009 MECA world champ these are all basic audio questions that i would think you whould know. Unless you didnt build your own vehicle.

not to take anything away from him but world finals these days have horrible turnouts compared to what they used to. To be an IASCA world champion you basically win by default if you showup in some classes lol

Although he competes in MECA which is still pretty popular in some regions

on qualifying day there was i think 7 or 8 people in my class and I had posted the highest score in my class all season

But yes the organizations are gettin slimmer with the economy

not to mention a dying sport in general :( tho some arent as bad as db drag

truth

Back