running without a filter the past year and a half... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

running without a filter the past year and a half...

because my retarded dad wanted an excuse to buy a new truck well guess what..
I finally put an end to his madness after the damn thing wouldnt break down and he gave it to me! :D
go me! lol
isnt that a little cool? a 247K mile engine still running fine after ingesting all kinds of crap and who knows how many bugs over a year and a half?
i'll admit though.. the cats are kinda solid sounding :/
but i'll delete those one day :shifty_ey

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why wouldn't he just....sell it if he didn't want it? Why try to kill it? That defies ALL logic. Wow. Get that filter on, oil changed, and run some seafoam.

hes not the brightest crayon in the chandelier :p
because his mom. (my grandma) pays for most everything hes got.. house, cars, insurance.. kinda sad isnt it?
the only way she will buy a new car is if the one he has now stops working or something. well ALL he had to do was give it to me in the first place and she would have bought him another.
I changed the oil about as soon as he told me it was mine. I also added some rislone and marvel mystery oil then changed it again a month later. im not sure about the seafoam.. how well does it work?

im not sure about the seafoam.. how well does it work?

Use "Seafoam" as a search term in one or both of the search engines on this site. You'll be reading for a while. It's great stuff.

so he gave you the pleasure of driving a worn out, and possibly terminal truck?? Isnt that a nice thought,, Hope it uhm works out for the both of you,

that sux man

Use "Seafoam" as a search term in one or both of the search engines on this site. You'll be reading for a while. It's great stuff.
alright i'll give it a shot. I need a place to do it though. my neighbors are always looking for new reasons to call the cops on me and cause trouble
when i do i'll make a video
247,00 mile engine never cleaned + seafoam = smoke from CA wildfires x2 :p

so he gave you the pleasure of driving a worn out, and possibly terminal truck?? Isnt that a nice thought,, Hope it uhm works out for the both of you,

thats what im REALLY pissed at. gee thanks dad :rolleyes:
so far it still seems to run strong unless its hot outside.
its like it has half power when its 95 outside. but that could be heat soak right?
its horrible. a/c on full i can floor it and i might hit 30 after about 6-7 seconds in this summer heat
other than that... I still get 0-60 in 7 seconds on a cool day. my luck its going to blow up when im not even pushing it.

Back