rusted and broken ranger | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

rusted and broken ranger

714qtip

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford ranger
Glad to be in this group. I got a few concerns about my 1999 Ford ranger. I just had to hook up a gas tank strap due to the back one rusting out. And now I have to replace my leaf springs holder they are rusted out too. So does anyone have the same issues? And why does the Ford rust this way. Is it a common problem are am I the lucky one?

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Josh P

Shaggin Wagon
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar
Glad to be in this group. I got a few concerns about my 1999 Ford ranger. I just had to hook up a gas tank strap due to the back one rusting out. And now I have to replace my leaf springs holder they are rusted out too. So does anyone have the same issues? And why does the Ford rust this way. Is it a common problem are am I the lucky one?

Can you hear it rusting? I take it you live in the salt belt. Welcome to this forum and sorry I can't answer your questions about the rust.

<

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
I bet it's a common problem where you live...

<

swshawaii

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Kailua-Oahu, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Sport Trac XLS (RWD)
^ Ditto. Compare the undercarriage of your 1999 Ranger with other makes of comparable age in your area. :eek:

<

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
I had to do the rear spring hangers & shackles 2 years ago on my 2000 Ranger 4x4. All vehicles that spend time where the states put salt on the roads suffer the same problem, it is not just Ford's.
70428-replacing-rear-spring-hangers-shackles.jpg

<