rusted and broken ranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rusted and broken ranger

714qtip

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford ranger
Glad to be in this group. I got a few concerns about my 1999 Ford ranger. I just had to hook up a gas tank strap due to the back one rusting out. And now I have to replace my leaf springs holder they are rusted out too. So does anyone have the same issues? And why does the Ford rust this way. Is it a common problem are am I the lucky one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to be in this group. I got a few concerns about my 1999 Ford ranger. I just had to hook up a gas tank strap due to the back one rusting out. And now I have to replace my leaf springs holder they are rusted out too. So does anyone have the same issues? And why does the Ford rust this way. Is it a common problem are am I the lucky one?

Can you hear it rusting? I take it you live in the salt belt. Welcome to this forum and sorry I can't answer your questions about the rust.

I bet it's a common problem where you live...

^ Ditto. Compare the undercarriage of your 1999 Ranger with other makes of comparable age in your area. :eek:

I had to do the rear spring hangers & shackles 2 years ago on my 2000 Ranger 4x4. All vehicles that spend time where the states put salt on the roads suffer the same problem, it is not just Ford's.
70428-replacing-rear-spring-hangers-shackles.jpg

Back