• Register Today It's free!

Rusted Fuel Lines

2kv8

Reaction score
City, State
Belmont, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT V-8
I noticed that my fuel lines running along the frame are rusted badly near the gas tank area on the frame itself. Is it possible to cut the rusted sections out and use compression fittings and steel brake line to repair it or use fuel injector hose and hose clamps? Ford wants an ungodly amount to replace them so I figured I would try the cheaper route first. Also, does anyone know what size the line is? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm just trying to make it last as long as I can. I'm not to keen on getting another car payment.:D

It's much safer to replace the entire line. If it's rusted out at one point, it's probably going to rust out at another very soon.

You can buy and run the line yourself and get a shop to connect it for you. Much cheaper. Most private shops will be happy to do it for about $40 cash.

Oh boy, that's a one piece line from fuel tank to fuel filter.

Replacing the whole line means dropping the fuel tank.
I agree this is the right thing to do, and not overly hard.

This distance thing is ****y, as I have the factory part you need in my garage. It's in great shape. What I did was replace my line with an6 fittings and steel beaded hose. It still meandering dropping the tank though. Steel beaded hose isn't expensive if you find the right ebay seller.

Back