Ryf's Elite Explorer Registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ryf's Elite Explorer Registry

Well, I figured it was about time, since I can start feeling like my Ex is my own.. Here it is pictures are from the day the tires came home, after being washed off to get rid of the blue letter seal stuff.

I'm running 15x8 Cragar Black Soft 8 Wheels w/ 4 inches of backspacing, as of yet, no rubbing, but I have to get some pretty lug nuts and Centers still. I got the cheapies at advance, but the lug studs are too long, so either some delicate grinding will be necessary, or wheel spacers (last resort), or some long body lug nuts will be tracked down (prefered method). I was waiting to order the centers until after the Warns Manual hubs are put in, so I know it will fit those.

I was contemplating a body lift, but since it doesn't rub and it looks good to me, that is back-burnered in favor of the hubs!

I went with the L/T's instead of the AT's, mostly since I wanted the quieter road time, since that is 99%, and the AT's had no siping, so they would be dogs in ice, which is common.

I added a before pic, to me it is night and day.

Attachments

• 100_0342L.jpg
    100_0342L.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 627
  • 100_0341L.jpg
    100_0341L.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 3,078
  • 100_0232.jpg
    100_0232.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 604

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The new wheels and tires make it look MUCH better and beefier than stock :thumbsup:

(reserved for front bumper)

(reserved for rear bumper)

Thanks Rick, means alot coming from you!

I definitely like it better, my wife likes it too, since we are only married a year in April, it bodes well for support of the future upgrades! :D

adding onboard air.

uninstalled pic of the onboard air. [thread=151030]The creation installation thread[/thread]

attachment.php

working on getting it installed this weekend. 1/21/05

attachment.php

How is the air coming?

it's currently just about the same as it was there..... its currently fugly ###tional, the compressor sits right in front of it, works really really well, not tried air tools. Works taken a turn and I'm busier than usual. but as of that pic, it was "fabbed" it just needed to be taken apart and sanded/ repainted 2 coats and clear coated. I like it alot. it was worth the money invested, I've used it a few times on mine, it does pretty well on my 31's, I've used it on a few cars to help out friends/co-workers and its been stellar. I am still looking for a bigger compressor that is affordable enough to justify. but the truck air is working very well.

I'm still looking for non-flammible stickers for the tanks.

there is a company called Safety Services, I think, here in columbus on Hudson Avenue, off of 71. They sell emergency light bars etc, but they also sell a bunch of things for construction too, like orange barels, street signs, stuff like that. Maybe give them a call and see if they have your "non-flammable" sticker. I would almost be certain that they do.

Back