?'s about front end swap and roll pan | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

?'s about front end swap and roll pan

x9293

Reaction score
City, State
Independence, Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 xlt
I have a 93 xlt and want to put a 2nd gen. front end on. Do i have to go all fiber glass or can i just get the actual front end off a newer X? I also want to put on a roll pan and i have heard to use a ranger one, but from what year? Is there a roll pan made for 1st gen. explorers? has any one ever done all this to a 91-94 explorer? Any help would be great thanx.

Nobody makes a roll pan for the first gen explorers. I think someone on here has made one out of an F150 Roll pan, but it took alot of cutting. Also, you need to chop off part of the frame because it sticks out a ways for the bumper to mount on.

The front end swap could be done but you better know a good welder. Also, on the rollpan, try to find one in the early 90s, I've yet to see a 1st Gen. with a rollpan

the back end on a 91-97 ex are just about the same. I used a pan from a 97-02 F-150. It has to be cut in a few pecies to get the bend and stuff correct because the shape of the hatch is curved. If you want some pics look in my gallery. Also on the fornt end swap its somewhat all bolt-on like hood, feners, headerpanel, lights, bumper and grille

Back