• Register Today It's free!

safety belt issue

patman

Reaction score
City, State
lincoln NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 sport
ok so my seatbelts, they will click into the receiver but it's not firm at all...they will come out when i jsut lean forward to change the radio, it's not good!!!! has this ever happened? if so how do i fix it? or do i just need to buy a new buckle receiver?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this is happening on my 96 too :rolleyes:driver side only..and no its not good

Unless it's nothing more than cleaning some gunk out of a mechanism, don't screw around with them. Replace the entire belt assembly.

I had a similiar problem on the front passenger belt on my 95. Turned out that a dime had fallen in there. Once I was able to get it upside down and get a small pick in there, I was able to clear it.

I had a similiar problem on the front passenger belt on my 95. Turned out that a dime had fallen in there. Once I was able to get it upside down and get a small pick in there, I was able to clear it.

ok so i didn't see it when i looked down into it but when i got it off and got a flashlight behind irealized i had the same problem, there was a penny in there...problem solved now

That's funny. You guys have kids? I've seen coins in belt latches a lot. The kids put them in there!

i can't speak for marragtop but i'm 17...so no i have no kids...i'm assuming the penny fell out of my pocket and jsut happened to land right so it ended up in there....i find coins on the back of the seat and underneath the back of the seat all the time

I don't have any small kids and have no idea how the dime got in there. Fortunately, I was able to contort the buckle to get upside down to get the dime out without having to unbolt it from the floor.

Check with ford to see if they are part of a recall. My 2000 ranger had both seat belts replaced for free when they recalled my tires. If there was you may have the set the fails. Sometimes its happens fast sometimes not. My ranger would do this after it was a year old. They did somekind of test and told me they were both bad.

just picked up new seatbelt reciever for anround $50 at our local Ford dealership

Back