• Register Today It's free!

Sagging door.....

Beastb15

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 EB
Ok...I know that the older X's( I have a 94) had problems with the doors sagging. Mine has come to the point where I cannot shut it without lifting up on the door itself. Anyone of you that have had this problem...whats the best AND the cheapest way to cure this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The pins are worn out. Replace both door hinges.

Would it be best to go to say O'Reillys and get them?
Would it be a bad idea to go to a U-Wrench It and take them off an X?

Do you have any idea of how much they cost new?

Not sure of the "NEW" price, but if taking them off of a scrapper, make sure it has "VERY" low miles as the used ones could be in the same shape or soon to be...Not sure, but compare the rear door hinges on a 4-door. If the same, they would have less usage on them...

As long as you have a buddy there to help you lift off the door a hinge swap is not a difficult task. Re-alinging it will take some trial and error. Un-bolt from the door first , then with a majic marker trace where the hinge bolts to the pillar. Line it up exactally there and you'll be in the ball park. If you are even remotley mechanically inclined half a day to do both doors.

I just went and bought a couple pin and bushing kits. Tomorrow I will tackle this project(by taking the door off the hinges)

Since I had the time...I went ahead and did it. It solved the problem and now it works perfectly. From start to finish took me under an hour(disassembly and assembly)

where did u get ur pins
do u have a part # did have to drill them or anything
i can not find any for mine

I drilled them out on my 92

They are rivited on the bottom and just drilled enough to remove the folded metal. I think it would have been easier with a small (1/2") grinder on a drill. Used a long punch to drive the pin up. Takes a lot of force cause the pin is swaged at the top. It's the bushings that really wear. Got universal pins and bushings at Autozone. Pins were extra long so I cut to length and drilled and tapped the center for a screw. A little overkill, had one of the screws fall out initialy. You could just drill it and stick a pin in it. Did the job myself with the help of a 5 gal plastic bucket and pieces of wood. A buddy would help a lot!

mine had the same problem, i just moved the upper hinge so it sagged level

Back