• Register Today It's free!

sagging doors on 2 door

FordLover

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
I saw a post when someone was talking about replacing the door hinge pins, rather than the entire door hinge. Anyone have part numbers, where they got the pins from, or should I just replace the entire hinge?
My upper and lower hinges are both bad, allowing a badly sagging door, and no interior door pull anymore either :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I replaced my old hinges on my old 92 and they were not that bad to do:D You can get the replacement for the door pull off ebay:D

At the HELP section of your local auto parts store, there are replacement door pins, prepackaged with new bushings and a retainer clip. There are two types, I think that the one you want is for teh older fords (mustangs, etc) Grind off teh top of your old door pin, hammer it out, install new one and your done. It took me about 4 min per door to do mine.
Scott

Like dora said, they are in the Help section at places like Advance Auto. Cost about $5/piece. Get the ones for F-150's. Nothing to it.

Sounds like it's pretty straight forward. I'll try and do that this week some time.
Thanks for the info

Back