• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

sandblasting aluminum rims

bates

Shine on Benevolent Sun
Reaction score
City, State
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4dr
is it possible to sandblast aluminum rims without scratching them all to $h1t? i have some oxidization on them cause some moron used the wrong weights. but ya i want to polich them up some and wondered if i could use a sandblaster to take of the clear coat and oxidization.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
take them to a place that does powder-coating and get them media-blasted. sandblasting them will screw them up. the media is just small balls of plastic (i believe) and will not scratch aluminum. i had some aluminum wheels powdercoated a while back and the place told me "you can not sandblast aluminum. only mediablast."

bates

Shine on Benevolent Sun
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4dr
cool, thans for the advice ill have to look into that...anyone know of a powder coating place near kingston, ontario?

bates

Shine on Benevolent Sun
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4dr
thats great man! thanks a bunch! thatll come in extra handy as i am also restoring a couple of amc amxs!