• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Sandersons welding

doubletime47

Reaction score
City, State
Sullivan NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 sport
Has anyone ever heard of or used any of this guys stuff? He has a Ebay store and I guess he makes his own shackles and lift kits. They are alot cheaper than the name brand alternatives. This is a link to his ebay store...
http://stores.ebay.com/Sanderson-welding

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
The Feedback is a little on the low end but I'd buy. As for the shackles, they dont really 'break' so I'm sure it'll hold. The only thing I'd worry about are the tollerances -- sometimes people make shackles that are too narrow and its a pain to get the shackle to fit. But I doubt that will be a problem.

manaen

Reaction score
City, State
Clear Spring, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Xterra Pro-4X
most good ppl on ebay have a 100% rating, but how badly could he possibly screw up a set of shackles. I would say use paypal for the protection and give him a try and let us know if it works out ok.

jad2411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
El Paso, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Brown eb
BTW if you're going with the shackles you' need to buy some grade 8 5' 9/16x12 screws, I got them at lowes, 4 screws + nuts for $20 the original ones are a little short, just wish I had bougth them before doing the swap:rolleyes:

doubletime47

Reaction score
City, State
Sullivan NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 sport
Ok I just bought them. I post again later after I receive them.

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
Shouldn't the middle piece be welded all around, instead of just welds on the sides...?

or am I not seeing the full weld...?

doubletime47

Reaction score
City, State
Sullivan NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 sport
I see what you meen. I hope its just the photo... I'll let you know when I get them.

TheChadders

Reaction score
City, State
Parker CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
just to let you guys know this is the guy i bought my shackles from and they are very well built in my opinion and i have been running them for 6 months no problem
Chad

jad2411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
El Paso, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Brown eb
Just took this

Seems it's only welded on the sides, but not sure that makes any difference

DSCF0138.jpg

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
That should be more than enough -- that shackle can probably withstand at least 5,000 lbs of static tension load if it were rotated horizontally like an I-beam.