• Register Today It's free!

Sandersons welding

doubletime47

Reaction score
City, State
Sullivan NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 sport
Has anyone ever heard of or used any of this guys stuff? He has a Ebay store and I guess he makes his own shackles and lift kits. They are alot cheaper than the name brand alternatives. This is a link to his ebay store...
http://stores.ebay.com/Sanderson-welding

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Feedback is a little on the low end but I'd buy. As for the shackles, they dont really 'break' so I'm sure it'll hold. The only thing I'd worry about are the tollerances -- sometimes people make shackles that are too narrow and its a pain to get the shackle to fit. But I doubt that will be a problem.

most good ppl on ebay have a 100% rating, but how badly could he possibly screw up a set of shackles. I would say use paypal for the protection and give him a try and let us know if it works out ok.

BTW if you're going with the shackles you' need to buy some grade 8 5' 9/16x12 screws, I got them at lowes, 4 screws + nuts for $20 the original ones are a little short, just wish I had bougth them before doing the swap:rolleyes:

Ok I just bought them. I post again later after I receive them.

Shouldn't the middle piece be welded all around, instead of just welds on the sides...?

or am I not seeing the full weld...?

I see what you meen. I hope its just the photo... I'll let you know when I get them.

just to let you guys know this is the guy i bought my shackles from and they are very well built in my opinion and i have been running them for 6 months no problem
Chad

Just took this

Seems it's only welded on the sides, but not sure that makes any difference

DSCF0138.jpg

That should be more than enough -- that shackle can probably withstand at least 5,000 lbs of static tension load if it were rotated horizontally like an I-beam.

Back