• Register Today It's free!

SAS Coil Springs

rguy

Reaction score
City, State
Republic of Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Explorer 4x4
I need some help finding coil springs for my front end. When I fabricated the front axle brackets and mounts for my SAS, I reused the OEM upper and lower '91 Explorer coil spring mounts and cut down a pair of Superlift 5.5" lift coil springs to achieve the desired height. Of course we all know this is not the ideal setup because the springs are just too stiff. Right, but it's worked fine for over a year. Now I'm at the point that I want to focus on articulation and these springs won't work. Anyhow, I've read that some people use the Wild Horse Springs and I think I've even seen people using Grand Cherokee Springs. I just need springs that will work with the OEM Explorer upper and lower OEM coil spring mounts so it seems the inside spring opening is the issue. Can anyone tell me what springs I can use?

Thank you.

This is a test.

I had to register under another username because the board isn't sending me my password.

Rick, please help.

Thanks.

I guess I could reply to this to provide some value to my post.

I ended up using Rough Country Grand Cherokee 4" lift springs. They fit perfect. I don't remember what the uncompressed length is, but the compressed length is 16 1/4". It took some creative ideas to keep them centered on the mounts but nothing costly.

Back