SAS front, what to do on the rear?????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SAS front, what to do on the rear??????

94ZebraRanger

Reaction score
City, State
Laramie, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer XLT
I am wondering if I do an SAS in the front of my 95 Ex. What do I do to lift the rear to match the front???? SOA or????

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow..

Springs !!

Robb, would a 7.5 Ford Bronco2 axle be a wise choice for the rear? I NEED to SAS the rear, I can get so much more flex with one!

bwahahaha

soa

ilfatmnsw??!!!

Why would you guys SAS the rear, the SAS is the front is gonna give him about 6" of lift. If he wants to match that in the rear hes better off switching to the new IRS, you can lift that with ease and it flexes so much better in the rear than a SAS'ed rear.

You need torsion bars.

Ask a simple question and get BS. As far as I know there is only the superlift either springs or blocks. Nothing over a 3-4". I am wanting to know what options do I have with lifting the rear to match the front SAS.

Tim

94ZebraRanger said:
Ask a simple question and get BS. As far as I know there is only the superlift either springs or blocks. Nothing over a 3-4". I am wanting to know what options do I have with lifting the rear to match the front SAS.

Tim

Spring over axle in the rear will give you 5-6 inches to match the front.

best way to do it.

O'RLY?

How about a wing for the rear? It works for a honda. It should really work for a SAS rear X.

94Zebra - Maybe the reason people are saying these things is because it's an obvious answer. If you have the skill to do an SAS, and know what that is, you'd probably know how to lift the rear. :confused: Also, nobody can answer, "What do I do to lift the rear to match the front SAS?" An SAS is CUSTOM. It can be anywhere from 6-20+ inches of lift. Kind of hard to answer a question like that.

Actually, it could be anywhere from 0 - 20" of lift. ;)

Hopefully mine will only be about 5"s over stock...dang bmx, way to spread mis-information GAWD! :D :confused:

LOL

why are there ads in the middle of the thread?

j602 said:
Actually, it could be anywhere from 0 - 20" of lift. ;)
Everything I read was that you needed atleast 6" lift to fit, and that was with hacking up the engine crossmember. But you are correct Josh. I guess if you pulled the motor and it's crossmember, you could have 0" of lift over stock. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bmxking5 said:
Everything I read was that you needed atleast 6" lift to fit, and that was with hacking up the engine crossmember. But you are correct Josh. I guess if you pulled the motor and it's crossmember, you could have 0" of lift over stock. :p
Also depends on how much up-travel you want. If you didn't mind 0 up-travel you could easily get away with 0" of lift. :p

Back