• Register Today It's free!

SAS is now underway!

Ok - the front swap is underway. I will be using:
'75 EB D44
JD 3.5" VR coils
JD radius arm drop brackets
F150 discs and knuckles
JD track-bar mount

Brake lines will be run either to the center of the axle and split there (similar to the EB setup) or run down the frame and back up the RA to avoid the brake lines getting twisted or caught up in the springs.

I will be swapping the yoke in the D44 to match the current driveshaft. Will I have any issues with driveshaft length in the front?

Steering - have some questions here - what is the tie-rod-over-knuckle thing I've heard of?

J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by taxxman2k
But what is $12 in the large picture of this swap anyways?:shoot:

After running Quicken and seeing I am out about 3k so far, I would say $12 is NOTHING n the grand scheme of things :) (just don't tell the wife :eek: )

J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by FMExplorer
After running Quicken and seeing I am out about 3k so far, I would say $12 is NOTHING n the grand scheme of things :) (just don't tell the wife :eek: )

J

lol

Ok - Tramp is out of the garage, however, my welding skills aren't that good - already broke the trackbar mount welds. I also noticed my design sucks, so I am going to get a stronger welder and try again - not much to do and should have Tramp running around the neighborhood tomorrow!

J

Ok - Tramp is out!

Here is a shot finished!
8side-med.jpg

Front shot
8frnt-med.jpg

And the broken trackbar mount...
8brkn_mount-med.jpg

The track bar mount can be seen to the left of the base of the shock - it belong about 8" higher...

However, Chris Olmo at Mustang Motorsports in Fort Myers is going to fix the mount and make sure the rest of the welds will hold. Thanks Chris!

With the exception of a few minor details and the welding, we're done!

J

For more details - see the SAS registry

hehehehe

Now the fun part

looks great:D

Back