• Register Today It's free!

SAS is now underway!

Ok - the front swap is underway. I will be using:
'75 EB D44
JD 3.5" VR coils
JD radius arm drop brackets
F150 discs and knuckles
JD track-bar mount

Brake lines will be run either to the center of the axle and split there (similar to the EB setup) or run down the frame and back up the RA to avoid the brake lines getting twisted or caught up in the springs.

I will be swapping the yoke in the D44 to match the current driveshaft. Will I have any issues with driveshaft length in the front?

Steering - have some questions here - what is the tie-rod-over-knuckle thing I've heard of?

J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did yours look like these?

Attachments

• shocktowers.jpg
    shocktowers.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 371

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Originally posted by FMExplorer
The front mounts are from James Duff - they weld right to the EB bucket and cost $45 for the pair - well worth it - and they line up better than using the F350's up front...

J

Did they come with a lower portion too?

nevermind. I just ordered the kit for $40 from broncograveyard since I had to order coil buckets too.

Just about there - gotta find a way to drive her out of the garage!

Ok - Tramp is on all fours...

Steering is done...

I need to finish the brakes and make the track bar work...

Here's some pics!

8all4_s-med.jpg

8steering-med.jpg

8frntlft-med.jpg

J

Jon I am sure it has been said before but I could not find it, who built your steering? I am kinda stuck at that point and not sure what to do.

Marshall,
CoryL built it - and it is tight - let me tell you! I am very impressed with it - of course that is using it on my garage floor, but hey - this is a garage trophy we are talking about!

J

Looks sweet :D!

The trick is gonna be getting it out of the garage! Right now it is about 5-6" too tall. I think I am going to put the tires from my wife's zook on there (26" on 16" rims). should look great like that!

J

How bout you air down your tires and drive on out....driving 15 feet on semi flat tires shouldnt do anything bad right?

I had 35's heading in and now have 37's. To get in, the 35's were aired down to 4 and I had about 1/8" cleareance. But I think it will look great driving out with those tiny tires on!

J

get lots of pics...it wont look goofy at all haha:p

chainsaw:rolleyes:

Would you mind emailing me w/ the part # for your shock towers? That would help me out so much.

Brian.Green@redtapepoetry.com

Your truck looks great

Which towers? The f-250 towers he and I both have?

if so they are here: Dead Link Removed

or you can get them from ford, but I will have to look for the part number later at home unless someone else can get it before me.

Thanks so much. I will order from them as it is cheaper than Ford.....

Originally posted by Trckmagik
Thanks so much. I will order from them as it is cheaper than Ford.....

Ya they got to me pretty quick too. Great service.

shock mounts

Guys, I think you can get those F250 shock mounts for like 10 bucks from Torrie at Fordpartsnetwork. I had a blurb come across my email a few weeks ago about it- maybe it was a group buy or something, but might want to check with him.

Looks Good Jon

I wouldn't doubt it. Torrie "usually" has great prices on stock parts. I say usually cause sometime I have found them within $1 to $2 directly from a dealer, but not often.

Good to know on that, but we would still need the part number or the year those came off of:D

And I already have mine:( But what is $12 in the large picture of this swap anyways?:shoot:

Back