SAS people. Please read. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SAS people. Please read.

Sorry, I'm spacing out over there. What am I looking for on that website? It doesn't seem like they call them drop brackets.

It's been a long day.:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, one more. Would I get the brackets for the EB, or the Explorer/Ranger since I'm going from EB Control arms to Explorer frame?

Do you think these will work. It says for a 3" lift, so I don't know if it will still work for a 6" lift.

Dead Link Removed

#1253 66-75 Trac Bar Drop Bracket

if you are going with EB radius arms you need the EB brackets. the exp ranger ones are not out far enough. you might be able to modify them to work??

Sorry Jeff - I was referring to the track bar drop bracket.

J

Sorry, more questions. THat drop bracket from Wildhorses, does it come in pairs or do I need to order 2? I e-mailed them and they said that it fit ontop of the pre-existing EBbracket, but since I don't have that, will it still work?

Quick SAS question

I'm getting close. I need coils. What works well on 1st gen. SAS?

Considering JD 3'5" progressive coils. Opinions?

Re: Quick SAS question

Originally posted by CHH777
I'm getting close. I need coils. What works well on 1st gen. SAS?

Considering JD 3'5" progressive coils. Opinions?

Yup.

These?

#5107 3.5” Progressive Coil Spring, pair, $117

You'll want the 3.5" VR coils for an EB. If you use the stock explorer buckets you will need to cut the spring tab off of the duff springs and modify your Ex buckets.

J

One more very last minute question. What about the trac-bar? I had forgotten all about it. Where did you get yours from? How much? I'm still a little confused. Do I need radius arms plus trac-bars? Don't they do they same thing? Connect the frame to the axle to prevent forward/backward movement. I need to know ASAP!!

Thanks!!

Radius arm prevent forward and back movement, track bar prevents side to side movement

Ok, last question, I swear!!:D But probably not. There is a chance I might not get any disks or calipers with my D44. Is it possible to use the Explorer ones? Same with the drum brakes. I still don't know too much info on the axles, as I have yet to see them. But there are acouple different sets, so I'll be able to pick the ones I want. I was hoping to get the rear disk one, but they might not have that year.

I'm sure it's possible, but it would probably cost you more than buying some D44 rotors and calipers, which are cheap. I got my hub abd rotors for 24.99, calipers for 13.99. You would need custom spindles, custom outer stub shafts, and a custom caliper bracket. So in other words, no, it's not possible :)

Oh, dang. I was thinking they would be a whole lot more than that. Where did you get yours?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back