• Register Today It's free!

SAS questions

99sportxplor3

Reaction score
City, State
Dover
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 sport
Ive got a 2000 sport with the ohv engine with the manual 5 speed. My buddy gave me a hp dana 30 thats set up for sprung over and another d30 that has the stronger u joints. He also gave me the tierod and most all of the other components including waggy leafs( he was going to do the swap himself in his 4runner but ended up putting in a toyota axle). I picked up a steering box out of a first gen for 20 bucks. So far im only 20 dollars into this project and ive got more than half the stuff i need. lol. I plan on doing this in may when i get out of school. Just have a couple quick questions.

When i do the soa will i need to Lengthen my driveshaft?

What do most people use for a front driveshaft after the swap?

What options do i have for transfer case swaps? Has anybody ran the awd electronic transfer case with both driveshafts connected? (After the SAS)

Any other advice, links to pages, or things to lookout for would be very much appreciated...Ive searched and searched but i cant quite seem to find what im looking for.

the awd transfer case is not eletronic, it is a full time t-case. as for the other questions look through the solid axle swap registry sub-forum. you can find it by scrolling down through the forums.

Thanks. its the 2wd auto POS. Im just looking for tcase options for moving to a manual tcase with a true 2wd.

Back