SAS SOA plus 5.5 or 6in lift leaf spring Where to buy or what to buy 97 mountianeer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SAS SOA plus 5.5 or 6in lift leaf spring Where to buy or what to buy 97 mountianeer

HighlyBoosted1

Reaction score
City, State
Oshkosh WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 5.0L mountaineer sas
I have a 97 mountianeer that im doing the full size HP44 sas in front and want to do the SOA in the rear plus a 5.5 or 6 in lift springs. I will be running 39.5tsl's will a 5.5 or 6" lift spring work with the soa? I heard superlift are very stiff so should I go with skyjacker or? and where is the best place to buy them? I know I may also need block or bl too. thanks for your help

Yep prolly need body lift also, I had spring over in rear with some 6in Ranger lift springs and 37s, with 2in body lift also.
348.jpg

I herd that a 6 inch ranger/broncoII spring will not give you 6in's in the explorer cus the factory arch is different from the 2. You have skyjacker springs then? I figured i would need a 6in spring and maybe block. I dont want to do a BL so that will be my last resort. thanks

You can go here and look up spring specs.
http://www.generalspringkc.com/index.php
The 56 inch chevy rear springs are only an 3/4 of an inch shorter.But have the same measurement from the front eye to center pin.So you could use a chevy rear spring.

Back