• Register Today It's free!

Sas!!!

mrbird09

Reaction score
City, State
San Mateo Calli
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer 4x4
hey guys..i have a 95 eddie bauer ex green and tan two tone paintjob..i want to lift it but the bl and shackles just arnt cutting it. I want to do a sas in the front..does this mean i have to do the rear also or can i leave it stock so i have the prerunner look??:p:..

The help i want from my fellow exploders just hasnt been cutting it..i need answers so i can lift my truck please help people!!

I need answers on what parts are the best for a 4-6 inch lift up front. i have a few questions for you guys.

1. what front axel is best without having to regear?
2. which rear axel is best without having to regear also?
3. What steering box is best and strongest for 35s?
4. can i lift the front with sas, leave the rear stack with shackles n regear the axel for 35s or just do the soa?
5. What leafs should i get for my ex..its a dd and i do not do any offraoding except going to the snow.
6. where can i get the leaf shackle and the cross member up front?
7. Any inputs on ideas from guys that have done sas. Like whats the best for road driving and what will do less damage. any other parts im missing?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP..i appreciate the help from you guys and i hope i get enough info to buy my parts and get this sas going.

Depending on what you want to do with it is how big a job it will be... Look at my SAS pages and see how mine went... I used a D30 out of a Jeep and ran 35 with no problems... no gear change and matched up to the stock 8.8 nice... As for steering box get one out of a first gen explorer and it will be good...
Lots of people go with D44's and 9" or 60's but I like to drive mine daily and I didn't want the police heat...
Good luck...
Randy...

thanks that helps much!! mine will be a dd and i use it for work and school so i might go d30. i just want that extra durability from the 44 or 60 so i can mash to the snow at 75-80mph and blow by the smaller cars with chains. LOL but my rear will be stock too so idk how it will handle the 35s without being regeared?? and also the 95 eddie bauer come with a 8.8 or a 9 axel? and what does it stand for btw? thanks randy

The 8.8 is what your Ex has (if it's stock) and that is the ring gear size (in inches) it will handle 35's no problem... The D30 out of the jeep will handle 35 MAX... Nice thing is the width is the same and the bolt pattern is the same and you can find them in 3.55 gears that will match most stock gears in the Ex's...
As for cost if you look around you can find a D30 for under $100 the steering box out of an early Ex is like $50 at a wrecker... Springs if you go coil it's alot of work on the second gen Ex's so leaf springs are good get jeep wagoneer springs for the front and do the flip on the back and put in an add a leaf... cheep...
Good luck keep us posted...
Randy...

Back