• Register Today It's free!

Satan is in Tennessee!

NuclearSymphony

Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 5.0L XLT
I was driving around the west side of Knoxville the other day, terrorizing people with the blue smoke that puffs out from behind my Thunderchicken, and I thought I saw the devil itself. It looked like this:

http://www.explorersportruck.com/bmside.jpg
http://www.explorersportruck.com/bmrear.jpg

Except it had huge (looked to be 3") dual exhausts poking out the back. Good heavens, I nearly drove off the road when I passed it. Most likely a combination of intimidation and respect. Anyone know of such an X in the Knoxville, TN area?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe the owner of the Sport that you posted lives in MO. Not to far off from TN so ya never know... He goes by Black Magic here on the board.

Welcome:chug:

Well I notice he's got the V6, so Black Magic I'll see you at the track lol. Very sharp truck!

yeah that truck is beast! thats one of the first sports i saw when i first became a member and wanted a truck like that slamed and pimped out but then i found mud:D !

Sweet lookin Ex isnt it ?

*in my best Church Lady voice*

Hmmm, could that be.....SATAN????

Well now,...isn't that special!!!!:D

[Off topic]

terrorizing people with the blue smoke that puffs out from behind my Thunderchicken

I had the same problem with my 95- switch to full synthetic motor oil at your next change, no more blue smoke. The valve seals seep the oil, synthetic swells them up, or at least doesn't burn blue. :D

[/Off topic]

I've posted on the Thunderbird forums about that (www.tccoa.com) and talked to shops around here, nobody seems to know what to do, besides replace the engine (yeah right!). I'm already running synthetic.

On the 4.6 motors the valve seals were defective from the factory, allowing oil to seep into the combustion chamber. Most 4.6 puff a little bit of smoke when leaving stop lights, at start up, etc. The fix doesn't cost much in parts, its the labor that costs so much. I just let mine puff a little smoke- it burned about 1/2 quart every oil change.

I've posted on the Thunderbird forums about that (www.tccoa.com) and talked to shops around here, nobody seems to know what to do, besides replace the engine (yeah right!). I'm already running synthetic.

I'm om TCCOA as well. I have a '92 Cougar NA 3.8 that I want to mod but it it will have to wait until I get my Mounty to where I want it first.

Some guys at the shop told me to try non-detergent oil. I was a little dubious, as it says on the container "not to be used on vehicles produced after 1930", but what the heck, I got the car for $500, so I dumped a quart in to see what would happen.

What you didn't think i was going to let you live it down did you? :mattmoon:

I thought that memory had drifted into the great beyond !!!!!!!

:nono: :D

there is a photo around here some where...

and on my laptop...;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back