Save the original exploder! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Save the original exploder!

Ok, so I went to the city hearing yesterday, and the city council loves me for my charity work, so they gave us a month to get the two internationals up and running, and it got me to thinking, why not try to save my original explorer? She is in shabby shape, but no worse than any truck torn down for a big build. the rules are that it has to run, have air in the tires and it's own battery. Problem is, I am flat broke, and not on the best terms with the EF community because I obligated myself to expenses I couldn't pay. But there is a light on the horizon financially, but not before the city deadline. So here's my point.
I need help. Would anyone be willing to donate parts for services? I know this really only applies to socal people, since i can't go mow a lawn or paint a house in south carolina. but anyone with parts to donate, I would gladly repay it with labor now, AND cash down the road. So look deep in you hearts, and tell me you still love me......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, the biggie is the motor. it has one, but down to the shortblock. It's a first gen, so I doubt you have any parts laying around, but it needs a new set of rotors, and a passenger side stub spindle. oh and a rear 8.8.

well, the biggie is the motor. it has one, but down to the shortblock. It's a first gen, so I doubt you have any parts laying around, but it needs a new set of rotors, and a passenger side stub spindle. oh and a rear 8.8.

I can get an OHV with a bad rod bearing if you want. It runs and fired up it just has a bad rod knock.

Great! What do you want for it?

I will help with the swap if you guys need help.

Yeah, I definitely gotta go to the junkyard soon.

sweet. Oh and ask your buddy if he has any kingpin Ibeam experience. I need to figure out the mounts!

sweet. so will be my ranger, the black explorer, and sometime later, the blazer!

oh yeah, I had him on my myspace for a while too. PM me his number would you?

rockin.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh and sean, When you talk to the guy about the motor, remember, FLAT BROKE!

Back