• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Saw my Old Explorer (Fenderguy) today...

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
I was talking to 94explorer2x4 last night and he said that my old Explorer was for sale. It's still around where I live but I haven't seen it for a while. I went to check it out today and took a few pictures. Now I am sad... :(

The first 2 pictures are what it looked like when I sold it.

1600Xright_side-med.JPG

1600drivewayleftsd.jpg

Now for what it looks like now. Aparently he put F-150 beams on it and didn't move the upper coil mounts to match as you'll see in a couple of these pics. Took the 4wd out of it pretty much when he first got it too. This thing is really phuked up!

1600PassQTRView-med.jpg

1600LeftView-med.jpg

1600FrontView-med.jpg

1600DriverSusp-med.jpg

1600PassSusp1-med.jpg

1600RadiusArm1-med.jpg

1600UnderView1-med.jpg

1600PassView1-med.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

bmxking5

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
That's terrible. How can one dumbass cause so much damage to such a nice truck. :(

Brian_B

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mountain Home, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mounty / 56 f-100
What the heck? No wonder its for sale! Thats not anything I would feel safe in driving to the store on the corner.

On a side note: I am soooo thankful my brother has my ranger after me driving it for 16 years. I would be :fire: if someone screwed it up.

This way I get to visit it sometimes (or it comes to visit me) and I drove it last time I was up there. :D

JTX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
I saw the pics in the gallery and couldnt figure out what the hell was wrong with it. Now i see why, thats stupid! And thought my Explorer use to have a bad alignment, i wonder what they told him when he took that thing to the alignment shop. lol

94explorer2x4

Reaction score
City, State
Mt. Baldy, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt 2x4
when we asked for pics!!

He told us to look on the explorerforum and we could see how it looks. well it looks like crap compared to the pics. he was trying to show us its prime and pass it off for that. When we asked about the camber on the passenger side he said it dose that when he backs it in to hte parking spot but its not as bad as it looks. HA!!!! I dont know but i think taht is bull$hit I never herd that one before!?!?!? :thumbdwn:

Brian_B

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mountain Home, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mounty / 56 f-100
The bad part? Some newbie will buy it thinking its a heavily modified off road beast and come over here to find out how to fix it. Then he finds out just how messed up it is and blames froader. :thumbdwn:

tgertz77

Reaction score
City, State
Monterey, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT 4x4
94explorer2x4 said:
He told us to look on the explorerforum and we could see how it looks. well it looks like crap compared to the pics. he was trying to show us its prime and pass it off for that. When we asked about the camber on the passenger side he said it dose that when he backs it in to hte parking spot but its not as bad as it looks. HA!!!! I dont know but i think taht is bull$hit I never herd that one before!?!?!? :thumbdwn:

ummm... I'm pretty sure pictures tell the tale.

someone needs to explian to him that extreme spring arching and severely unaligned wheels arent something that cant be "not as bad as it looks" ITS ALL ABOUT LOOKS!

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
Brian_B said:
The bad part? Some newbie will buy it thinking its a heavily modified off road beast and come over here to find out how to fix it. Then he finds out just how messed up it is and blames froader. :thumbdwn:
Oh no it won't. :shoot: ;)

boominXplorer

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 4x4 Mounty
how much is he asking?

Brian_B

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mountain Home, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mounty / 56 f-100
+ shipping from CA to VA. :D Sure can't drive it that far like that, or maybe thats just me that wouldn't.

IAmTodd

4x Explorer Veteran
Reaction score
City, State
Johnstown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Jeep
I know jack about the TTB and modding it. But I know for sure that that one is crap and not safe!!

On a side note, I hated giving up my old truck in fear of what would happen to it. I've seen it once since I got rid of it. Not as bad of shape as I though it would be in, but a family with 3 small kids has it now. Note: Sport with 5 people in it, year thats not safe!

Creager

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport 4x4
Ok, so he took the 4x4 out, and then put d44 beams on there?

Making the right coil bucket, and probably a longer coil, that thing could be standing about right in no time...

Is the rear matched to the longer front?

and i guess the longer front end took out the fenders? why would he even drive it like that?

BeauJ

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
boominXplorer said:
how much is he asking?

I wondering too. I'm with FROADER, that thing is shit now. A beautiful truck gone ugly. Sad to see.

BigDakota

Reaction score
City, State
Bismarck ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport
That guy is a royal Putts...That front end is scary looking..the springs want to pop/snap out and hurt somebody..what an airhead !!!.. :rolleyes:

Critical_Level2

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Ridley Park, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLS R.I.P.
Before I looked at the second pics I thought maybe the person painted it. Instead he managed to tear half of the front fenders off. About the suspension, I think he is going for truck of the month in the scariest suspension setups.

94explorer2x4

Reaction score
City, State
Mt. Baldy, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt 2x4
tgertz77 said:
ummm... I'm pretty sure pictures tell the tale.

someone needs to explian to him that extreme spring arching and severely unaligned wheels arent something that cant be "not as bad as it looks" ITS ALL ABOUT LOOKS!

Im sorry the "HA!!!!" was sarcastic for ha yeah right I know its a P.O.S. now. I should have made it bold or undrlined or bigger to hiligt the sarcasm.

boominXplorer said:
how much is he asking?

He was asking $2,500 in his ad on race-dezert.com but we have since gotten him down to $1,000 and I think he will take $500 at this point he really needs to get rid of it. and my buddy is real close with bobby at solo motorsports and he said he can fix the front end for cheap he isnt going to charge much like mabey $200-$500 for an custom x-member and alignment. froader did not take a pic of the x-member but it is really ceappy tubing crap welded up.

94explorer2x4

Reaction score
City, State
Mt. Baldy, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt 2x4
my bad

I did not see the pic of the x-member as I scrolled through the pics i missed that one it is kinda dark.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

351wExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
thats just so he can get really good tire life right???

i mean he could run one side till they go bald then flip uhmm and its like brand new tires again.... hmm he might be on to somthing