ScanGaugeII vs UltraGauge | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ScanGaugeII vs UltraGauge

cgrady17

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
I am looking into buying one of these and cannot decide between the two. I like the low price of UltraGauge but I also like the transmission fluid temperature readout by ScanGaugeII. Anyone have any personal recommendations when it comes to 2nd Gen Explorers?

I did buy the ultragauge, the only thing I wish it had was the trans temp option. With that being said my ultragauge did not work with my explorer. Not sure if it was something to do with my explorer's system or the ultragauge. Upon return they emailed saying that it tested fine. With that being said I did try to pull up diagnostic readings using a different obd2 tool and also didn't get any readings so I guess I have a fault in my car's system.

The bigger screen on the ultragauge could be a positive or negative depending on how you look at it. It is easier to read and can probably have more gauges on at once but it also limits you on mounting it and is easier seen by thiefs. The scan gauge could probably be mounted in more locations easier.

I'd rather a real gauge for trans temp anyway. Get an A pillar gauge pod and add trans temp, oil temp and vacuum.

Back