Scanned image quality | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Scanned image quality

toad

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Blue Point, Ontario, CANADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
Heres an example of the quality of shot Im ending up with after resizing to post . Is not that bad after scanning . I used microsoft photo editor to resize them . Any help would be great but remember Im no computer genuis. Thanks. Todd
Dead Link Removed

mmpc

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Littleton, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Escape: No Boundaries
Looks like you're getting a lot of compression artifacts (the garbage around detailed lines). Do you know what level of JPEG compression you're using? You might try bumping it up a few notches (less compression) when you save. If it looks like that before you save it, but after your image editor resizes, it may be compressing the image in addition to resizing. Otherwise, there's no reason a resized image - to make it smaller - should have so much degredation.

See this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=51100 for examples of bad vs. ok compression levels.

toad

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Blue Point, Ontario, CANADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
Thanks Chris ,Ill try some more tonight.