Scavenging for Navajo parts.

Dano!

Reaction score
City, State
Lemoore CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Navajo X 2
whats up,
As some of you know i have two Navajo's and finding replacement parts have been an issue, so this year i have been actively scavenging for Navajo parts
Now my wife is noticing the stockpile ( i could make two 4 door Navajos out of explorers right now ) so far i am getting away with it due to the fact that i found all the Mazda replacement parts for both my Navajos.
I have a long weekend coming up and i will be out scavenging again for door panels. ( i have 3 explorer door panels that don't fit : (
i would like to extend the offer out there though, if you are having trouble finding Navajo parts, or even explorer parts (hard to believe) let me know what you need and ill keep an eye out for it.

i learned the hard way that the Navajo doors are longer than the explorers. in the future i plan on painting the truck so the idea of having extra body panels is appealing to me. besides the doors being different sizes, are there any other body panels that are different than the explorer sport?

again if someone is seriously looking for some parts let me know and ill keep an eye out when i go this weekend. ( explorer parts too )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The last time I saw a Navajo, was one that was in the impound section or holding section of the tow company up the street from me. It sat there for a good month and right as I was going to ask about it, it was gone. I haven't seen it in the local junkyard (the city is down to only one now), but I will keep my eyes peeled. I try to hit up the yard at least once a month.

If you stumbled upon some fog lights from a limited I'd be interested. I have a link for some from a TX jy, but haven't inquired yet.

i should have posted. right now there are at least 3 Navajo's in pick n pull near me. im going to head out on Friday and see what i can get. if anyone needs anything just let me know and ill see what i can do.

ill keep my eyes open for the fog lights.

are you sure the door panels you have didnt come from a 4 door? the navajo is a carbon copy of the 2 door explorer, aka sport. it wouldnt have been very profitable for ford to produce some 9000 navajos with all new tooling and everything involved.

are you sure the door panels you have didnt come from a 4 door? the navajo is a carbon copy of the 2 door explorer, aka sport. it wouldnt have been very profitable for ford to produce some 9000 navajos with all new tooling and everything involved.

This is correct. the Navajo door is identical to the 2 door explorer door.

i learned something. thanks for clarifying that. does anyone need any 4 door explorer door panels? (front) they are grey.

I went to two pick n pulls today, i looked for your fog lights, i found a limited, but it was in a front end collision.. i could see what was left of the fog lights. i just pulled the switch out, it's all i could do, i couldn't even find the wire harness for them.

for myself i managed to find 3 Navajo's and a Sport, i pulled a whole front end off one, it was the only one that wasn't cracked or destroyed. two sets of headlights and tail lights and the Mazda steering wheel horn cover.

while tearing up the dash of one of the Navajo's i came across some "contraband" apparently this truck was part of some questionable dealings. so.. after i got my parts off of it.. i let pick n pull know what was in their truck and they called the phuzz. i was lucky i pulled what i did because they pulled that truck out with a forklift almost immediately. they actually thanked me and let me walk out of there with all my parts for free. it was awesome.

i learned something. thanks for clarifying that. does anyone need any 4 door explorer door panels? (front) they are grey.

Man I need one, my driver side one is all busted but it would be much more cost effective for me to find a local one.

Lookn for Navajo parts

Need interior door panel tan...passenger side door...or how do I fix interior handle that came loose...any sugestions please???

there are threads available to show you how to replace the handle. use the search feature in the 91 - 94 forum and type in door handle.

but, as i understand, the whole black piece that the handle is on is removable. you can buy replacement ones on e-bay or other autoparts websites.

it looked to me the last time i checked that the black plastic handle piece is not a clip on or screw on item. the new one will come with plastic prongs that go through slits in your door panel and you have to melt the plastic to seal it on.

at least that is how it was explained to me.

it will be a pain either way, you can get a piece of leather and screw the 2 screws above the interior door handle and make your own.

I took a piece of sheet metal (18ga maybe?) and bent it into a [ shape. Drilled a hole in each end for the door handle screws. I also out two holes for the screws that screw into the door. while the door handle is no longer attached to the door panel, but it is firmly attached to the door. Good as new.

edit that is if you're referring to what you use to pull the door shut.

Back