Scope's Audio Build Thread | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scope's Audio Build Thread

I have thought about just cutting out a rectangular section where the sub bumps against the seat.

I have also thought about putting a metal screw or elevated surface on side of the sub box that sticks out towards the seat and supports the seat more upright so when the sub flexes it doesn't hit the seat. The draw back is that then the seat doesn't lock and is a more upright and "proper posture" oriented... so more uncomfortable... Does that make any sense? Those are the two ideas I'm toying with

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those are the two ideas I've had. Except I was gunna use some black rubber "feet" for shelving units instead of a screw.

Edit:

Even with a support in the box, the seat will snap into place. I tested with some spare wood and it worked fine. And felt fine to sit in

Good to know! I think the rubber foot would be better than the screws! Well played sir

What about some speaker guards? They fit over the sub as like a metal guard.

Screwing them into the seatback might look even better than the box too.

Looks interesting. I am not as familiar with the Sport Tracs as I am with the 'regular Explorer". I will keep an eye on this.

Btw, I know it was sometime ago, but RE is not a generic company. They are a really good company and are the speaker line of US Amps. Good stuff, so no don't worry about your amp. :)

Looks interesting. I am not as familiar with the Sport Tracs as I am with the 'regular Explorer". I will keep an eye on this.

Btw, I know it was sometime ago, but RE is not a generic company. They are a really good company and are the speaker line of US Amps. Good stuff, so no don't worry about your amp. :)

I didn't end up getting the RE because te JBL amp was cheaper an is more than my subs need by a lot! So down the road when I upgrade subs my amp will still be adequate.

I forgot to ask, how did you mount the amps behind your seat?

Thats the jewel of my build! Lol. I'm at work, but if you go over to mysporttrac and in the audio projects page there is one titled "mounting amps in the rear seat back" or something to that extent. I was goin to do a re-write up in this thread when I found some time.

Well, I'm planning to take out my 1/3 back seat and make another box or a new box entirely which will go behind the remaining 2/3 seat and will replace where my seat would've been. Im wanting to keep the 2 tens that I have and put a 15 in where my 1/3 rear seat was.

OR

Remove my box I have now and the rear seat and put in a new box for 2 Full size 12's... I haven't decided what I want to do yet... But at any rate, you'll see this thread pop up a few times between now and winter break! :D

You weren't kidding when you said you wanted more kick!

Haha. I need more!!!!! I'm slowly giving up on 33's and the SAS because there is nowhere to ride and nothing to see here... :( most boring state in America. So I'll do what I can to turn heads on campus.

Haha thats a fair trade. At Clemson you need at least 33s to even get noticed lol

Something like these???

657852.jpg

Custom20Speaker20Box20Fall202006.jpg

Where would one find a single rear passenger seat?

What would I do without you two

Study more? Have more money? Lots of stuff, probably.

The second picture above does look like it's more of a direct bolt in seat rather than the modified one in the project (unless someone is really, really good with upholstery). Maybe Jerry will update with the specs on that particular project. I've seen it before, just don't remember the specifics. I've considered the 40/40 seat with a center console since I first purchased the truck.

Check out MyST.com in the "interior" projects section listed as "40/40 seat". I'll try and find other threads.

Hugh beat me to it. lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I remember reading that 40/40 thread I just don't know how we'll it would end up looking...

Back