Scratches | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scratches

Hey,

On my moms cars hood ( 2003 corolla ) there are bout 3 or 4 scrathes on the hood. there caused by this one girls pants button. Wut would yall recommend to get this scratch out ?? i can run my finger over the top of it and feel it.... so i think its kinda deep and in the clear coat !! so im not sure if it wil lcome out........... plz let me know if theres away i can get it out without having to repaint the whole hood

THNX FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE

PEACE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My friends have the spikey belts too and have scratched my hood.

I use this turtle wax scratch and swirl remover, and it works sometimes, but its pretty much useless unless you push down with 6000 pounds of force and the scratch is really shallow.

so in other wards these scratches prolly wont come out since there into the clear coat ..... ?? :(

ok

PEACE

ne other help would be appreicated

If you can get some touch-up paint from a body shop. That's how I take care of my scratches.

we do have some touch up paint from toyota fro mwear we touched up a small stone chip on the bottom of the bumper. but htis is on the hood......... and i dotn think i could get the touch up paint to be perfect and not look crappy ...........

PEACE :(

Well, if the car color is a common one, the body shop usually has that exact type of paint they could give you. When I had my new hood/fender replaced, they gave me some extra.

The usual way to tell if you can get the scratch out is to run your finger nail across the scratch, if it gets stuck in the sctratch, you are screwed, if it dosent just get a good swirl remover (meguiars #9) and have at it. Once you are done with that buff it with wax and see what happens.

ok thnx
ill try to do that this weekend

{sarcastic} i tried to tell her we could jsut get her a carbon fiber hood {sarcastic}

PEACE

Originally posted by XplorerKid
On my moms cars hood ( 2003 corolla ) there are bout 3 or 4 scrathes on the hood. there caused by this one girls pants button. Wut would yall recommend to get this scratch out ??

maybe you could keep the girl off the hood of the car? i'd be pretty ticked if my 03 had scratches from someone's buttons on my hood.
and since they are there... leave em. when you turn it into an offroad corolla... they will blend in.

now that wouldnt be ne fun to keep the gurl off the hood :rolleyes:

and i doubt ill be offroading the corrolla

HMMMMMM soild axle :D

PEACE

The fingernail scratcj is definately the way to go. The #9 is a good place to start, but if it doesn't work post back and we'll tell you what to try.

Originally posted by Stephen
The fingernail scratcj is definately the way to go. The #9 is a good place to start, but if it doesn't work post back and we'll tell you what to try.

I was gonna say to use the 3-M Finesse-It Compund, the only thing is that you kinda need to know what you are doing and a high speed buffer really helps. I just dont wanna tell him to go and use it and then he dosent know how to properly apply it an all, know what I mean.

Xplorerkid, you might also wanna stop by a professional detail shop and see if they can just do those sections for you with a high speed buffer and some light compound, like i said, if you dont know what you are doin you can get in a little trouble real fast. The shop should not charge you too much to do that, just wash it before you go and have the hood nice and clean and i am sure they will charge you no more than 30 bucks for it.

I agree, thats why I suggested he try the #9 and then we'd reccomend something harsher if it didn't work. I also agree, we dont want him using a rotary buffer, an orbital wouldnt do much good on a direct spot like that.

I like the idea of him going to a pro also, around here they charge by the hour for compounding, and its usually $60 or so.

patrick... let me know the next time you come up duluth. i could use some help on the scratches on my truck.. probably moreso after it returns (hopefully running and in one piece) from tellico this weekend. i'd like to try out that buffer.

Tellico, now that sounds like a blast. I might be home this weekend to make some money for spring break, i dont really know, what day yall goin up there?

i'm going up friday night late and meeting ray (the montero). we ride saturday and i'll be home that night.

That sounds like fun, Ray in a wildman too, lots of fun to watch haha.

Back