Scratchn' the Turdles Belly | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scratchn' the Turdles Belly

Looking good there Mr. Smith -- the tail lights is a great compliment to the darkness the truck presents. Only thing that needs to be darkened now is the chrome grille ;)

I'm going to powdercoat it with the transparent black-I think.

Since the center caps held up, it should work fine.

My paint looks like crap though-what to do--:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is your grill not plastic? 'cause i know mine is (1997 model) .. it only has this chrome laminate thing on it..

Yes-but the center caps are also plastic-
I think the small amount of metal helps the plastic hold it's shape-
it might get soft, but stays put.

Today I got a 31" spare under the truck, and installed a cb radio.

The inner fenders and liners are installed.

Hmm, I cannot figure out a way to mount the tow hooks without cutting the front bumper cover, ( I have an explorer bumper)so I am blowing this off and hoping for the best. I have a strap and can wrap the front member if needed.

oooooh looks good!!! gotta love it.. hopefully i can see it out in OURAY! i didn't realize it was labor day weekend (right)?? so i think i might be able to come! no work as of yet....

keep it up. so cleannnnn... wish i had the time to pretty-fy mine up.

PS on a side note... wouldya be able to powdercoat some part of my honda ruckus scooter???? i've been looking for somewhere to powdercoat my parts.. scooter parts that is.

oooooh looks good!!! gotta love it.. hopefully i can see it out in OURAY! i didn't realize it was labor day weekend (right)?? so i think i might be able to come! no work as of yet....

keep it up. so cleannnnn... wish i had the time to pretty-fy mine up.

PS on a side note... wouldya be able to powdercoat some part of my honda ruckus scooter???? i've been looking for somewhere to powdercoat my parts.. scooter parts that is.

You will, and yes I would love to

:D

Tow hooks are installed-
but for some reason, my bumper is weird. They are in there, and visible thanks to the new holes, but they don't stick out--:confused:
I have " inny hooks" lol

Anyway-they are in and I painted my bumper also-It doesn't look good, but certainly better than it did, with peeling paint and all--

Ok, I am no pro-just a regular guy trying to get his truck ready for Colorado at the last minute.

Tow hooks in and hidden--lol
You can see the red pimpin torsion bar ends in the control arms-and the yellow "gorilla hose" trans cooler lines I got from Danwhitaker

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 323
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 314

Spare tire-check
Loose rinning boards-check
cb and antenna-check
tow hooks-check
full maintenance-check

hmmm--

Attachments

• rig 1.jpg
    rig 1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 304
  • rig 2.jpg
    rig 2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 322
  • rig 3.jpg
    rig 3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 310

Tow hooks look good..just one quick thing-the gaps are big enough to get a hook in, right?

Tow hooks look good..just one quick thing-the gaps are big enough to get a hook in, right?

<<<<<<<<runs outside huffing-

dammit

Tire repair kit, air compressor, first aid kit, cooler; the important stuff of course.

As long as we're listing all the things you might not have...rear tow hooks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Really nice looking ride.
Has it held up well for the two years?

Back