• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

screwed myself big time during transmission instal

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
My parts car, the XLT has a September 1996 build plate.
I have to wait for the Limited to come home.

that's a pretty late '96 build date. over here manufacturers will sometimes use new model year (or previous model year) parts in production when they're switching over. maybe that's why you have a SOHC in a '96, or maybe it was an export thing.

Flash

Reaction score
City, State
Brisbane Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Limited
that's a pretty late '96 build date. over here manufacturers will sometimes use new model year (or previous model year) parts in production when they're switching over. maybe that's why you have a SOHC in a '96, or maybe it was an export thing.

The Ltd has a 1996 November build date.

I've got 1997 in my sig so I don't have to always explain that I really do have a SOHC and yes it was factory fitted.

Georgie

Reaction score
City, State
montreal canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XL
Ok guys got tge oil pan off of my spare engine.. cleaned it up with some varsol and ran a small bead of high temp permatex red silicone on the gasket then bolted it to the upper pan. I didnt unmount the hasket from the lower pan while cleaning and re installing...is that ok?

kevinspann

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 EB
Ok guys got tge oil pan off of my spare engine.. cleaned it up with some varsol and ran a small bead of high temp permatex red silicone on the gasket then bolted it to the upper pan. I didnt unmount the hasket from the lower pan while cleaning and re installing...is that ok?

Sounds good to me, as long as it doesn't leak.