screwed myself big time during transmission instal | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

screwed myself big time during transmission instal

My parts car, the XLT has a September 1996 build plate.
I have to wait for the Limited to come home.

that's a pretty late '96 build date. over here manufacturers will sometimes use new model year (or previous model year) parts in production when they're switching over. maybe that's why you have a SOHC in a '96, or maybe it was an export thing.

that's a pretty late '96 build date. over here manufacturers will sometimes use new model year (or previous model year) parts in production when they're switching over. maybe that's why you have a SOHC in a '96, or maybe it was an export thing.

The Ltd has a 1996 November build date.

I've got 1997 in my sig so I don't have to always explain that I really do have a SOHC and yes it was factory fitted.

Ok guys got tge oil pan off of my spare engine.. cleaned it up with some varsol and ran a small bead of high temp permatex red silicone on the gasket then bolted it to the upper pan. I didnt unmount the hasket from the lower pan while cleaning and re installing...is that ok?

Ok guys got tge oil pan off of my spare engine.. cleaned it up with some varsol and ran a small bead of high temp permatex red silicone on the gasket then bolted it to the upper pan. I didnt unmount the hasket from the lower pan while cleaning and re installing...is that ok?

Sounds good to me, as long as it doesn't leak.

Back