screwy power window problem

Four0Sport

Jack from JackOffRoad
Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2dr
I've spend the morning reading some threads on problems with the power windows but havnt stumbled across anything excatly like my problem so here it goes..

Last night I noticed that when I went to open my pass side window it 'stuttered' on its way down and on its way back up. It seems to be in the exact same 2 spots down and up. Other than that the window has never given me problems except for rubbing on the ventvisor for a second on its way down. I did have the door panel off a couple months ago, and I did cut the power wire to the motor, but patched everything back up and had no problems till now.

Any ideas on what to look for? Does this seem like a motor problem? bushing problem? regulator problem? Either way it sucks. I just read a thread where Ryan Spdrcr talked about losing a thumb working on his assembly. So any pointers you could give me would help me not lose my pointer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol, it's just dry dude. WD-40 the sucker, roll it up and down and you'll be good. Had to do both my rear windows when I fixed the bearings because they hadn't been used in so long everything was dried out.

Sounds more like a mechanical issue more so than an electrical issue. Make sure the trac has a free path of movement and there isn't debris in the way.:)

Back