Scrog's 97 5.0 Limited | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scrog's 97 5.0 Limited

Scrog's 97 5.0 Limited - Exhaust recommendations?

I just picked this up a few weeks ago for 3200 bucks as is, 161000km's on the odometer and Almost no rust on the frame for Canada. had 3000$ worth of maintainence done to it two weeks before I bought it.
Had a few Problems in the start with the Lights not working right but I tracked it down to the Light outage Module (LOM) and Bypassed the required pins. Now My fog lights work great But I would like to have them come on when the Parking lights are engaged.
fordnew311.jpg

fordnew310.jpg

fordnew307.jpg

fordnew313.jpg

fordnew318.jpg

fordnew354.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Installed lift shackles in the rear equalled about 1.75" lift in the rear, I will get around to doing the torsion twist soon.
lightbar030.jpg

lightbar007.jpg

Installed 4 5" 55w round lights on roof rack still haven't wired them up as I have to think of a place to run the wiring and also purchase some more wire.
Let me know what you think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some stuff I forgot to mention are I installed a gibson catback, intake filter k&n style, and clear headlights, half installed as I'm retrofitting some projectors, just waiting on bulbs for aiming. I ended up getting morimoto mini projectors as they fit right into the light housing.
Rmoved the side steps.
Swapped dash lights for leds.

I love this Explorer. One of my favorites. :thumbsup:

Nice Limited! I never liked those rims, but with those tires they look pretty good. Keep modding and more pics. Looking Good!

Installed lift shackles in the rear equalled about 1.75" lift in the rear, I will get around to doing the torsion twist soon.
lightbar030.jpg

lightbar007.jpg

Installed 4 5" 55w round lights on roof rack still haven't wired them up as I have to think of a place to run the wiring and also purchase some more wire.
Let me know what you think.

Can you get away without amber marker and signal lamps in Ontario? In other provinces (AB and BC for sure) they made aftermarket lens builders recall all clear lamps and switch to amber corner lamps to meet provincial regulations. Is it an amber LED? I got warned once and then a ticket a year later (once from RCMP and once from Vancouver Police), still running clear lenses though, they were on it when I got it. I couldn't figure out where they came from so no free recall on them. I still didn't swap them though (just run with amber bulbs, which still isn't good enough for the mounties), I'm just not that obedient I suppose. ;)

Your EX looks awesome, mine's not up to photo quality yet but getting there, as the budget commands.

More pics of the light bar. Don't our luggage racks have a slight bend to them? Yours seems pretty straight..

Back