SCT Pro Racer Package | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SCT Pro Racer Package

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Do any of you do your own computer tuning with SCT's Pro Racer Package?

• Four Bank tuning, the ultimate control
• Firm Shifts (Automatic)
• Elimination of Speed Limiters, Torque Retards, Timing Retards
• Speedometer Correction
• Full control over the EEC
• Multiple Program Design, allows YOU to select your level of power.
• Programs designed by the experts at SCT, for YOUR vehicle.
• Optional built in TWO STEP LAUNCH LIMITER

http://www.sctflash.com/product_racer.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have it and use it on my custom Lincoln mark VIII. I havent used it on the sport trac yet.

The Pro-Racer is pretty awesome. I wanted a Pro-Racer so I could do my Ranger, Explorer and Focus, but at $800 a pop, and you would need 3 XCal2's, I decided to do the dealer software.

The Pro-Racer is actually a limited dealer package, you get our software, regular updates and support form SCT, but for ONE code (rather than 11,000+). You can click on the tabs to change it from Basic to Intermediate and Advanced used level to (try) and keep yourself out of trouble.

If you can, I HIGHLY recommend the basic SCT Tuning class, it is worth the $$$. If not, the documentation is fine, but costs extra. I got both and I have no regrets.

Where do you get it is $800 dollars? I am a SCT dealer and I don't sell it for that much.

I'm bringing this thread back to life you guys, cause I'm tired of waiting for the local guys to get things together with the waiting and all. I'm considering buying a Pro Racer Package cause I really want to start driving my explorer again, its been like 2-3 years and all the upgrades are done just need the switch chip done. How dangerous is this to do for the novice mechanic? Is it user friendly? Are there guides that help you set things right? WEll please give me some info guys as I got the money in hand to get one of these pro racer packages, SCT has it for only $350 and thats sounds o.k. to me....so.....?

I have used the Pro Racer package for years. I have written hundreds of tunes in my experimentation.

The software is easy to use, however, knowing what and when to make an adjustment is another ball of wax.

To effectively use the software, one must understand what is going on with the motor.

It is not for a pure novice.

Is there something to read up on, to learn more? its just that I have alot to load up on, a 5 program eliminator chip with many mods in and out.

Back