• Register Today It's free!

SCT Problems

EXPLORER04

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
Is anyone that has an xcal tune from Henson having a problem with the rev limiter. Even though it says it is off, it still tops out at 3000 - 3500. The tune that i had from bamachips worked fine but since they are no longer around i can not get it from them. Just wondering if i was the only one? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just let James know mate. I'm sure he'll help you out!

I assume you are trying to rev it it neutral?

check out the henson performance thread in the vendor section. there was something about the rev limiter coming back on after a service. i think the guy reloaded his stock tune then put the the custom tune in and all was good, but check out that thread.

Free revving in neutral and park is not an indication of the actually rev limiter. Free revving an engine is kinda pointless, other than to sound cool if you really like whatever exhaust and intake setup you're running. It is possible that the neutral rev limiter is left in place with the tune, to help protect the engine from potential damage, but removed or raised when in gear.

I know it is mostly pointless but i do have a magnaflow exhaust and a weapon r intake and somethimes i like to here it when the engine is not under any load. I had i tune from bamachips that removed it, but since they are no longer doing explorers i cannot contact them about it. So i was wondering if anyone else with a henson tune has theirs removed and or lifted.

Sorry mate, I didnt realize you were talking about park and neutral.

I too have a tune from James. And yes you have a neutral/park rev limiter. Mine is set to 4000 rpm. If you want it higher just go into your settings and raise it up to whatever you want. That should solve it for you.

Try setting it at 6k.

i have one form james and no problems. actually i think there is a separate setting for rev limiter in neutral.....its been a few years since i plugged mine in

Back