• Register Today It's free!

sct tuners

Already_Taken

Reaction score
City, State
USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2nd gen 4 dr
looking at the sct tuner for the Ex. How much power gain should i expect? i have the sohc. i dont want to add too much stress in the engine bc of my mileage but some power would help. SCT – X4 Performance Programmer
Also, is this the right one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unless it's a turbo or supercharged vehicle or you otherwise have supporting mods to tune for, it's not going to do much.

Unless it's a turbo or supercharged vehicle or you otherwise have supporting mods to tune for, it's not going to do much.

x2

idk if its enough, but its got an intake and a full exhaust with magna hi flo cats, would that be sufficient
Ford's stock system can handle the tune for your adders.

However, there is a little bit to be gained if you can adjust shift points with it and perhaps a high octane tune?

Ford's stock system can handle the tune for your adders.

However, there is a little bit to be gained if you can adjust shift points with it and perhaps a high octane tune?

i wouldnt mind a high octane tune... would i gain more than 5 hp?

11-12 maybe

Ok, thanks. Also, out of curiosity, of these two, which would be better. 34 In Curved or 30 Straight... i need more light for offroading :p Also, would the high octane tune be safe to run daily? my explorer has 300kish and a sohc...

The curved one imo

The curved one imo

Ok! Also ive been trying to figure out how to make that "boom" sound at startup like nascar and hotrods.. any ideas? i have the v6 so it wont sound as good at the v8 but im willing to try

Exhaust mod and a verbal tune

It's a lot for an explorer but I have no room to talk

Ok! Also ive been trying to figure out how to make that "boom" sound at startup like nascar and hotrods.. any ideas? i have the v6 so it wont sound as good at the v8 but im willing to try
You need big compression, big cam, plus open exhaust, where talking 14-16:1 compression here, and 100+ octane!

I love education

Back