SCT X-Calibrator--Is It a Toy, or is it a Tool? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SCT X-Calibrator--Is It a Toy, or is it a Tool?

I find it is the best of both worlds. Not only will I be able to modify my truck's PCM as the need arises, I can also pull and clear check engine codes, also pending OEM specific codes.
Plus, the data logging capability really helps to identify trouble areas.

Who here has one, and what do you think of it?

I know I can tell James "My transmission shifted too soon here" and it will be fixed.
"TOY"
I also know I have used mine on 3 different vehicles to check codes

"Tool"

I have also used the datalogging capailities to troubleshoot a problem in my own truck "Tool"

And, I have used the datalogging capability to tune my truck " Tool Toy"

By far the best investment I have made in a modification.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I look at it more as a tool, but if you asked my mom she would call it a toy, just like everything else I buy for the mountaineer:D I just know that I love it.

By itself it's a great diagnostic tool, it's when you a great tuner (James) into the mix that it becomes a fun toy with all kinds of potential.

I am far from new to tuners.

I have and old blue SCT tuner, an XCal1 and an XCal2 ( and chips before tuners hit the market ).

I consider the tuner a vital component in my tool collection.

IMO when you're flashing the latest tune into your truck, or using the datalogger to get information for your next tune it's a toy

HOWEVER, when you're reading and clearing codes it's a vital tool

I will see how good of a Tool it is over the next few weeks!

It's a tool for my toy.

-mc

Actually Jon, for you none of it is a toy. It is necessary for your combination=tool. Sooooo. Tool it is. Shifts at the proper RPM? Necessary! So again, tool....:D I can justify this all day long.-LOL

Back