SCT X4 And A 2000 Mountaineer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SCT X4 And A 2000 Mountaineer

The ol' 'A bigger (more flowing) tb/intake/heads/exhaust will always make more power from idle to redline and that it's just the tune that's making it lose low end torque' rabbit hole again eh? Okay, I'll give you that one for Twilight Zone's sake...

That right there is reality, but you cannot see it. Creating more airflow through an engine does not make less power, that is senseless. Yet people keep blindly repeating it, constantly saying you lose low end power after countless random improvements. In every case the A/F ratio is left uncorrected, thus the changes make the A/F ratio wrong, not ideal.

Anything too lean or too rich creates less power. You've increased airflow, but you didn't increase fuel flow to match it(perfectly), thus you've made it lean on the bottom end, thus less power. Fix the A/F ratio, fix it, retune the PCM, and then the power will be greater, at every rpm where the airflow is greater. I'm going to let you continue on stating myths here, I've stated enough facts and logic to support the truth.

Back