• Register Today It's free!

SCT X4 for 2002 Ford Explorer

Siphix

Reaction score
City, State
DE and PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT V6
So I just got the SCT X4 from Torrie from Unleashed Tuning, but I am running into a bit of trouble getting anything changed in the PCM. At first, I did have a chip tune installed, which was a stage 1 performance chip module that plugged directly into the OBD2. Now I have disconnected that, but I cannot get the SCT X4 tuner to work, as it keeps giving me error code #110B8. I have done all of the recommended things to try to get it to work but to no avail. So my question is, could the performance chip tune module affect the PCM and should I get the PCM reflashed to try to get it to work? Any input is really appreciated!

Link to chip tune: Stage 1 Performance Chip Module OBD2 for FORD

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I just got the SCT X4 from Torrie from Unleashed Tuning, but I am running into a bit of trouble getting anything changed in the PCM. At first, I did have a chip tune installed, which was a stage 1 performance chip module that plugged directly into the OBD2. Now I have disconnected that, but I cannot get the SCT X4 tuner to work, as it keeps giving me error code #110B8. I have done all of the recommended things to try to get it to work but to no avail. So my question is, could the performance chip tune module affect the PCM and should I get the PCM reflashed to try to get it to work? Any input is really appreciated!

Link to chip tune: Stage 1 Performance Chip Module OBD2 for FORD
a reflash would likely help

Awesome, I'll give that a try, thank you!
Let us know how you like your tune when you get it working been looking around and unleashed seems to be only company left for third gens

Let us know how you like your tune when you get it working been looking around and unleashed seems to be only company left for third gens
Well I had to return the SCT X4 because it kept giving me error code #1110B8. I contacted support, even got the PCM reflashed to no avail. They believe a chip might have been installed in the PCM but it's a 2002 Explorer and I highly doubt that. I don't have time to look around and take apart the PCM to see if there was a chip installed so maybe there is, maybe there isn't, but I wasn't able to get it to work.

Well I had to return the SCT X4 because it kept giving me error code #1110B8. I contacted support, even got the PCM reflashed to no avail. They believe a chip might have been installed in the PCM but it's a 2002 Explorer and I highly doubt that. I don't have time to look around and take apart the PCM to see if there was a chip installed so maybe there is, maybe there isn't, but I wasn't able to get it to work.
Jeez that’s a real bummer

Back