Sea Foam Insertion Point | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sea Foam Insertion Point

Evil Republican said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing that this is the PCV hose...

It seems like a metal pipe with a rubber hose around it...

P6291849.jpg

the pcv hose is a little short one that is on the right side of the engine (in that picture) in the picture its behind the cylindrical thing sticking off the side, kinda below the vacum tree.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

still no pics of a V8 =[

I just seafoamed my Explorer and i give it 2 thumbs up:D

Evil Republican said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing that this is the PCV hose...

It seems like a metal pipe with a rubber hose around it...

P6291849.jpg

The hose with the metal that the arrow is pointing to is an A/C line..

Just for precaution.. Have an extinguisher (or hose) nearby when you do this.

I was putting seafoam in (I do it every few oils changes) through the BB line and found out I have an exhuast leak on the passenger side.

Seafoam made it out of the exhuast manifold.. enough to "flash" on the manifold which then caught the oil/grime thats down there on fire which then caught the insulation on the a/c on fire which then...

a quick squirt with an extinguisher took care of it. Thats the first time I ever had an issue like that when doing seafoam and I've done seafom on this truck close to 10 times by now.

~Mark

I want to do the seafoam treatment on my 93 (OHV) I still have a few questions after reading this thread.

From what I've read, the best place to inject seafoam is through the little hose port on the bottom of the throttle body? The thing that looks like a vacuum line? (Is it one?) I have the BBK TB if that matters.

Thanks.

Bump...I'd like to do this this weekend

Go for it

For me the brake booster vacuum line was the best spot.....my pcv is in a location so aggravating it would make the Pope Pimpslap Mother Teresa......that and Having to remove the tires to get to two of the spark plugs......If you don't find the brake booster site effective you can always go one of the other routes........

Ok I used seafoam last night and I don't think I did something right...

I was running the engine and filled a little cup with a 1/3 of the can as specified on the can. I pulled the brake booster line cause it was the only one that didnt' look too brittle haha. I stuck the hose in the cup and the seafoam was gone in like 2 seconds. It created a HUGE white smoke cloud by the time I could shut the engine off. I waited 10 min and started the truck up again and no smoke or nothing. Truck just idles a little lower not but still has the pinging and rough idle.

Should I have used more seafoam? Should I have induced it slower, rather than just letting it suck it up? So far im quite disappointed in this product

Sometimes

Ok I used seafoam last night and I don't think I did something right...

I was running the engine and filled a little cup with a 1/3 of the can as specified on the can. I pulled the brake booster line cause it was the only one that didnt' look too brittle haha. I stuck the hose in the cup and the seafoam was gone in like 2 seconds. It created a HUGE white smoke cloud by the time I could shut the engine off. I waited 10 min and started the truck up again and no smoke or nothing. Truck just idles a little lower not but still has the pinging and rough idle.

Should I have used more seafoam? Should I have induced it slower, rather than just letting it suck it up? So far im quite disappointed in this product

I get the big white cloud in the beginning and can't see the corresponding white smoke later on....unless I go behind the vehicle....but if your vacuum hoses are that brittle....you may have a leak causing your rough idle

Pix?

I plan on doing this today, but I want to make sure about 1 thing 1st

Am I pouring the SF into the small hard tube or am I pouring it into the big intake tube? I'm guessing the small hard tube.

TIA

I was doing this today and errantly poured it into the engine oil vent on my OHV - oops, well it's time for an oil change anyways (is this going to kill my engine?). Tomorrow I'll probably head back to pep boys and get another can and properly put it through the throttle body intake - is there still not anybody that can post a picture?

did this tonight got alot of white smoke like in the pics maybe more but seems like it idles @ a lower RPM'S but their is still the same ticking.

BTW i did this fast did a whole can in around 15 seconds.

Throttle Body (4.0 pushrod V-6)

IMG_9001.jpg

I had great success with a length of 1/8" ID plastic hose, as follows:

1. Remove the throttle-body cover and the intake hose. See the hole in the throttle plate?

IMG_8997.jpg
  2. Start the engine, then poke one end of the hose through the little hole. Hang onto it; the vacuum will try to pull it in.

IMG_8999.jpg
  3. Put the other end of the hose into your can of Seafoam.

IMG_9000.jpg
  4. Hold the hose and work the throttle with one hand while you dip the hose into and out of the Seafoam with the other. (You don't see me holding the hose here; it's a re-enactment.)

IMG_9002.jpg

Next time, I would mark the hose with a felt tip so I could make sure I didn't let it get too far into the intake manifold.

Is it possible to inject sea-foam in to the small vaccum line that is post air filter and before the MAF sensor?

Back