Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner

Thought this build would be helpful for people looking to put the DBR 4x4 kit on their Ranger or Explorer.

Specs:
-00' Ford Ranger 4x4 V6 SOHC Extracab
-DBR LT kit
-DBR clevis steering kit
-Fox 2.5x8 c/o w/ raised lower spring collars
-Fox 2.0x3 bumps
-Eibach 18"L 650# coils
-Deaver F31 pack
-Fox 2.5x16
-Fox 2.0x4 bumps
-Fiberwerx 6" bulge front glass
-Seabeck 4x4 bedcage
-Seabeck 4x4 front bumper
-Seabeck 4x4 rear bumper

Before with 3" body lift:
P6060054.jpg

P6060055.jpg

P6060066.jpg

Fenders/bumper off, bodylift removed from cab. (thank God)
P6060070.jpg

Stay tuned for updates, just waiting on parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Subscribing also...:D

...Did you have the Ranger for a while or did you just recently acquire it???

Someone is throwing a lot of ca$h at that thing! When's it due?? :)

Tbars- Have not owned a ranger yet...but someday maybe! I'm building this for a customer. My DD is a tacoma now.
P6060064.jpg

Johhny I'm hoping to have it complete by July 4th. Speaking of July 4th I can't wait to blow off my stash of mortars that are legal in WA:D

Most of the parts should arrive towards the end of next week then its on:p:

Got the rest of the body lift off today...PITA:frustrate Ended up having to sawzall off a few of the rusted bolts as the bodylift pucks were seized to them. Damn Colorado rusty trucks! (bed is not bolted down yet, hence the lean)
P6070003.jpg

As soon as this damn Jeep gets out of the way the ranger will go to the chopping block.
P6070006.jpg

If I run out of stuff to do before the parts get here I'm going to start on the rear prerunner bumper with integrated receiver hitch, and of course plenty of dimple dies:cool:

Yes it goes very well with some :chug:

Picked up the new shorter length M12x1.75 bolts for the bed to replace the huge long body lift ones this morning. May end up starting on the rear bumper today to give me something to do:rangertan:

Haha sorry buddy. Here are some more updates.

Pounded out the huge dent in the bedside as best I could before trimming...
P6100010.jpg

Trimmed fenders for now, may do fiberglass bedsides later but I wanted the bumper to look good with the body lines...
P6100011.jpg

Got the budget exhaust welded up with a single chamber flowmaster and 3" turndown. Sounds great!
P6090002.jpg

P6090005.jpg

Got started on the rear bumper...
P6110016.jpg

P6110014.jpg

More updates on the rear bumper coming soon. The parts are taking a super long time because no one wants to ship them:mad:

WHat notcher are you using? That looks hawt.

Mittler Bros. deluxe aluminum notcher. It works alright, I used to use it on my drill press but it was such a PITA getting the shaft and everything to line up that I just clamp it to a sawhorse and use a hand drill now haha. Only came close to breaking my wrist once so far. (works best with a buddy to oil and put a hand on the sawhorse)

Pretty much any notch over about 40* bottoms out a standard depth hole saw and you have to finish up the notch with the plasma/grinder(lame). I need to find some deeper hole saws!

http://www.mittlerbros.com/tube_notcher_holesaw_style.htm
hole_saw_notcher.jpg

I just ordered the Pro Tools earlier this week. I found out last weekend that I am no where near Phil's skills of eyeballin' the notches by hand!

Open open

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...:bounce:..Rip them boxes open and show us what you got....

...You can read the paperwork later...:D

Back