Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner

Thought this build would be helpful for people looking to put the DBR 4x4 kit on their Ranger or Explorer.

Specs:
-00' Ford Ranger 4x4 V6 SOHC Extracab
-DBR LT kit
-DBR clevis steering kit
-Fox 2.5x8 c/o w/ raised lower spring collars
-Fox 2.0x3 bumps
-Eibach 18"L 650# coils
-Deaver F31 pack
-Fox 2.5x16
-Fox 2.0x4 bumps
-Fiberwerx 6" bulge front glass
-Seabeck 4x4 bedcage
-Seabeck 4x4 front bumper
-Seabeck 4x4 rear bumper

Before with 3" body lift:
P6060054.jpg

P6060055.jpg

P6060066.jpg

Fenders/bumper off, bodylift removed from cab. (thank God)
P6060070.jpg

Stay tuned for updates, just waiting on parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Could we get a pic of the shock hoop with built in cans installed? That must be the engine cage above it?

....I like seeing nice, new, shiny parts...:insert drooling smilie here:

...I can't wait to see this build in progress...And thanks, I'm all better now...:D

Those shock hoops are real nice, well thought out:cool:

Yes looking over this kit, it's almost like I don't even need to cycle the thing while installing! A nice hole is drilled in the side of the shock hoop box for the limit strap bolt, the proper limit straps are supplied, and a nice tab is on the lower arm, powdercoated of course. The kit looks great! Except no T-shirts or stickers were supplied for 5k+ of parts, kind of a bummer haha.

More progress on the bumper. Aiming to get it 90% tomorrow.
P6130003.jpg

Alright Johnny got some pics of the shock hoops just for you...sorry for the delay buddy. Went and found a 350 for my explorer today!! Gonna pull her on Wednesday. 70's 350 police edition 300hp:D Gonna build her up too!
P6140005.jpg

P6140003.jpg

P6140004.jpg

more work on the bumper
P6140009.jpg

P6140010.jpg

P6140014.jpg

P6140013.jpg

P6140011.jpg

Lookin' bad ass! What size tubing are you using for the bumper?

Everything so far has been 1.75" DOM. The remaining 6 tubes will be 1.5" DOM. Going to do 2 diagonal tubes on the rear face to brace the main tube, 2 diagonally back from the trailer hitch under the frame to 3/16" plates on the frame, and 2 diags to the outside of the frame after the shackle flip is done. The trailer hitch will definitely outperform anything the motor will be able to pull:)

been reading this thread very interesting!! im sucked in now!!

been reading this thread very interesting!! im sucked in now!!

:D

got the rear hangers off, ready for the flip...it's been a while since I've had to deal with rivets:rolleyes: and massive amounts of rust:rolleyes::rolleyes:

anyhow the rear suspension is ready for rebuild. The stock shackles were pretty bad so some stock length boxed ones are on the way from Dixon Bros.
P6160003.jpg

started tearing off the front suspension now that the rear is at a standstill. Should have all the stock junk off tomorrow and hopefully cutting off some unnecessary metal:)
P6160004.jpg

Extremely optimistic? 2 weeks. Likely 3 tho. If it keeps going real well like it has gone in the last two days, maybe sooner. The front-end teardown was a breeze. Easier than TTB, but still had the same Ford design style that I'm used to so it was nice.

Steering and front fiberglass should be showing up tomorrow??

Will have the front end ready for installation tomorrow, and hopefully start on shock hoop installation.

Subscribing...

No problem JohnnyO.....

BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!! Shocks arrived at our distributor tonight!!! Picking up that sexy sexy order first thing in the afternoon:D

got stock bullshit cut off and cleaned up, shock hoops mocked up.
P6180003.jpg

crossbar bolted loosely up...
P6180004.jpg

crossbar is too long, going to have to cut and sleeve:(
P6180006.jpg

aim to have shock hoops tacked on tomorrow with crossbar fixed, and probably start bolting **** up, make sure everything is legit then weld er up.

Oh also got some new parts today:D
P6190001.jpg

you are making some quick work out of that ranger!! gonna look bad ass when done!!!

Well shocks didn't actually come somehow. What came was a set of 16" Fox air shocks and the coils. Sending the air shocks back, kept the coils and everything else should come next week:rolleyes: Still no sign of the fiberglass.

hey just a thought but you may want to disconect the battery before you weld anymore! welding with the battery hooked up has been known to cause computer or elec. probs.... just a thought...

This build is looking awesome:thumbsup::D

Back