• Register Today It's free!

Seafoam Engine Cleaner

Joseph Tilghman

Reaction score
City, State
Huntersville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport trac 2w Drive
Anybody have any experience using Seafoam to treat their fuel or any of the other claims they make.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I personally dont, but my dad uses it every year in his Silverado, he swears by the stuff.

Did you try a search?
Pretty sure you'll get all the info you need

Just my lowly, ignorant opinion without any personal experience, so take it just as that, but I think snake oil when I think Seafoam.

Do you have a specific problem you're hoping to cure?

I don't think snake oil, and I am a Class A skeptic. I've used it for years.

As Jorge said....SEARCH the archives.

Agree. Too many believers on forums EVERYWHERE. (And these people have actually used it)

Per my disclaimer, just my opinion. Sorry if it's the wrong one.

Search, read, form your own opinion. Try it if you'd like and report your experience.

I don't have any problems per say, I was in a parts dealer and some people came in looking for it. One guy was complaining about the trashy ethanol and what it does to O2 sensors and such.

Another small engine person popped up and said it wrecks carbs and such on small motors just looking for your experiences if you had used it.

Its a good injector cleaner never used it for the possible uses. Seems to work better than STP and Techron in my opinion

regards

I haves used Seafoam before on my '02 ST. After watching some videos on YouTube and a suggestion from a friend that's in to performance modifications I gave it a try. It's supposed to clean out (burn) the carbon build up in your engine which produces a lot of smoke from the exhaust. We were both surprised that my ST with over 100k miles didn't really smoke much at all! I'm sure it works based on people who've said they've used it but it looks like this engine burned pretty clean to start with.

If you cat converter was taken off.. it would smoke like crazy.

I am sure the stuff works... I have used it and it does clean the injectors and pistons..

AS for small air cooled carb. engines.. who knows.. they might have used too much concentration and damaged internal soft parts

it's good to use it about once every 6 months to 12 months as directed

If you cat converter was taken off.. it would smoke like crazy.

I am sure the stuff works... I have used it and it does clean the injectors and pistons..

AS for small air cooled carb. engines.. who knows.. they might have used too much concentration and damaged internal soft parts

it's good to use it about once every 6 months to 12 months as directed

My cat converter is missing and it didn't "smoke like crazy" a little cloud came out not much at all compared to some peoples.

hahah.. maybe your crazy and my crazy are different levels?

Video

That is what I'd consider crazy mine was maybe a fourth of that.

If you run it through the vaccum system it'll smoke, through the fuel system it doesn't because it all gets burned with the gas. However i put it through my '92 and i think it made it run better. I have yet to run it through the vaccum lines due to the amount of smoke.. last time i did it (on a sc400) the fire department showed up.

If you run it through the vaccum system it'll smoke, through the fuel system it doesn't because it all gets burned with the gas. However i put it through my '92 and i think it made it run better. I have yet to run it through the vaccum lines due to the amount of smoke.. last time i did it (on a sc400) the fire department showed up.

I did half can through vac line and half in gas tank.

I've ran it thru a half dozen vehicles, the only one that smoked real bad was my dad's Lincoln LS

I did half through the vacuum line and half in the gas tank also. I had very little smoke.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i ran the whole can through the sc, maybe that's why it smoked? every time i've seen it run through the vacuum it's put out tons of smoke, but also the whole can got run through it.

Back