Seat belt repair on a 2006 Explorer (front passenger). | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seat belt repair on a 2006 Explorer (front passenger).

beansmom

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer
Help!! I need to fix the front passenger seat belt. don't know where to start to fix it. it isn't retracting and I've never done a repair like this. I appreciate any and all help to start and get in to the seat belt parts/mechanism.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if it doesn't retract , it has to be replaced,, take off the bolt holding the top to the truck and than take off the panel, should be able to see the rest than,
but make sure if you get a new one, that the seat belt pretensoiner is not deployed,:D:D

Seatbelts are covered by a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty so if that is an option you are good to go. Otherwise be sure if the new seatbelt has a plastic retaining clip that does not let the replacement belt retract don't remove the clip until everything is bolted in place. If the new belt retracts all the way into itself it is junk according to my dealer.

many thanks. not sure about the warrenty...I bought is used. I'll have to check that option out!!

It doesn't matter if it was used or not if you are under 50,000 miles and 5 years you are covered by the safety warranty. I just had my drivers side second row seat belt replaced free of charge.

Back