• Register Today It's free!

seat belt warning chime

andrew-g

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SOHC Sport
How do you disconnect this stupid thing, its driving me nuts. It goes on even when your not in drive!!!!

Andrew, if they are anything like the ones in the Crown Vic's (and they probably are), here is what you have to do: you should be able to see, or feel a wire coming out of the bottom of the seat belt buckle, near where it bolts to the seat/seat frame. Then you have to trace the wire a couple of inches and find the snap connector, and disconnect it. That's all there is to it.

I used to do this with our Crown Vic's at my department, and have only come across a problem once. It seems that Ford has tied the seat belt chime into the diagnostics system, and when it is disconnected, it will cause the "check engine" light to come on. I believe Ford started this with the 2001's. Before this, it work perfectly. You can disconnnect it, and give it a couple of days, if the light doesn't go on, you are good to go. If it does come on, just reconnect it, and it should solve the problem. Hope this helps.

Back