seat bolt?

mreaglewo1

Reaction score
City, State
nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 explorer sport
Hello,

I need to get a replacement seat bolt for my ford explorer 95 4x4. The bolt snapped and i need a replacement. Does anyone know how i can find the part # for it so i can get one?

Thanks.

driver side recliner lever bolt to the top of part that bolt into the back part of seat.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would hit a junkyard or just call the stealership and see what they would charge.

is it the bolt that holds the seat from moving forward and backwards by its self while your driving? mine snapped as well, While i was driving.. what a surprise that was while doing 70 on the highway, next thing i knew i was in the backseat LoL.

i had a bolt in the garage that fit it, so i didnt need the junkyard or stealership. im sure you can get a new bolt from a hardware store as well. just take the bolt up for comparison.

that the bolt im talking about....did it break in half with the half still in the threads?

that the bolt im talking about....did it break in half with the half still in the threads?

yea but the way it snapped there was a little hanging out, i got a pair of vise grips on it and backed it out. otherwise you will be drilling that 1/2 out

im going to try a auto parts place by me and if not i am heading over to hd to get a bolt similar to it ....hopefully i can get it fixed so i can take the milk crate out....

Check with your local Ford dealer before buying a replacement bolt. I dont know about the 95 models but i have a 98 explorer and that seat bolt is actually a factory recall item. I had my ex at the dealer getting some work done and they replaced that same bolt for free on mine and said it was a recall. My bolt wasnt even broken either.

I called one dealer....well stealership....they said the bolt is obsolete.....if any one has a part# i would greatly appreciate it.

Back