• Register Today It's free!

Seat Cover Advice Please

SKURZ

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal, Quebec
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0
I live in Montreal, Canada and the leather seats in my 2000 Eddie Bauer are killer on the butt when you first sit in them during the winter. Anybody have any experience/suggestions on a decent brand of seat cover for my front buckets? They're the highback style with incorporated headrests. They're fully powered and I don't really want to cover the controls on the side of the seat. They also have airbags. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I do want something that's going to be fairly durable, fit half decent and not slide all over the place.
Just looking for some advice and would appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go to a upholstery shop and add heated seat pads. Or get do it yourself kit.

I actually have heated seats already, but believe me, being from Florida and Georgia you can't begin to understand how brutal it is when you first sit on leather seats when it's 25 degress below freezing. Once they heat up it's great, but that doesn't happen in a split second, and like I said, it's the original shock when you first sit down that's no fun.
I have some cheezy Obusform cushions on there now but they slide all over the place getting in and out, which is a real pain in the ass, no pun intended.

Thanks. That second site looks interesting. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.

Back