• Register Today It's free!

Seat Covers

Rage1973

Reaction score
City, State
Yuba City, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
I am in the market for some seat covers for my X. Since I am stationed in Germany and it makes this purchase tougher. I have been looking online for and there are so many to choose from. I would like to get some good quality ones and we all know how internet sites build up there products. I would like to know if any of you have seat covers, and if you do which ones and do they fit snug.

I have a 2dr Sport, with 60/40 rear seats w/ adjustable headrest, and the front seats don't have head rest ( I guess that are the high back seat??).

Thanks allot

Jeremy

Me no likey internet shopping for things like seat covers. I have to touch them :D

I have actually got my last several sets for various vehicles at Fred Meyer, and I have no complaints.

The first set was very thin, but held up well for over 2 years, The only reason I replaced them about a week ago was I found ones I liked better.

Once again at Fred Meyer I found them. They are the X-Bound brand and should be great. They are a lot more durable material though they may be a bit scrathcy when shirtless. They lace down the sides for an extra tight fit, and they have all these lovely pockets on the side and the back for misc. stuff and child entertainment supplies. And lastly they are completely waterproof and stain proof.. Well they are after meeting all my hiking gear products. They were only sorta waterprroof before :D

The Mustang also is running Fred Meyer car seat. I believe the brand is actually Auto Expressions. The stangs are actually quite nice once they were sat in a bit. They are made out of "leatherette" Basically looks like very thin suede over lots of padding, but again they are stain proof and water resistant (haven't bought more boot spray yet ;).)

The way I look at it If I am going to spend 100-200 on a seat cover I should just find a good deal on an upholstery kit. Spend 25-50 and smile. Even if they do wear out in 2-3 years they have done the job of protecting the factory seats, and they are cheap to replace..

Note for my back seats in all vehicles I have quit using seat covers and switched to a plastic seat covering (viscleen) then covered it with a thick blanket. The blankets are easier to wash kid messes out of, and the plastic has saved my rear seats. Sadly though the only one I hd that fits the X is a big blanket with wolves on it. The Stang was easy, hell a big towel covers that tiny backseat.

Back